Grandeur OV Cabin Size Concerns

BobInPa

We have booked outside/ocean view cabin 4544 on Grandeur OTS for an upcoming cruise and I am concerned about the size of this cabin. We booked this particular cabin for its proximity to the Centrum, a location that we enjoyed when we were on the Jewel. For reference: I am 6’2” 270 lb and my wife is 5’8” 130 lb.

I have a couple of questions about this cabin:

1) This particular cabin is capable of sleeping 4 using some sort of beds that come out of the ceiling or walls. Do these beds when stored make the room narrower, lower the ceiling height or make what is already a smaller cabin seem more cramped?

2) The ocean view cabins on GOTS are 155 sqft which seems smallish. Our last couple of cruises where Oasis balconies at 182 sqft, the previous few where Jewel & Summit OV at 170 sqft. Do you think we will find this type of cabin to be too small even if it is capable of sleeping only 2?

Thank you in advance.

We have had OV cabins on this deck before. Never had a problem with cabin being too narrow. We always have the beds separated because it seems to give us more space. Can't recall having 3rd and 4th berths anytime, so no help there. Every year when we cruise on the Grandeur there was a couple that are rather large and he is your height. They never complained and they had interiors. If there had been a problem, we would have heard about it. :eek:

We are in our 70's and hubby is 5'10" and I am 5'2". So maybe someone that is more your height will comment. Just know that the ship most always sails full with all shapes and sizes, apparently no one has a problem. :D

Hope you enjoy your cruise.

Pullmans on Grandeur fit flat into the ceiling, wont even see them and stored take up no space at all...

When I used them 20yrs ago was me, wife, 9, 5 & 2 yr old. We had it set up as 2 bunk bed splitting the lower against either wall and 2yr old slept with wife. You will be fine... This room has a small loveseat taking up less space not a couch

We were in an interior cabin on the Grandeur and my husband is 6'4", 270 and we were fine. It was a bit cramped when both of us were trying to get ready for dinner at the same time but we just worked that out so we both weren't trying to do that at the same time. The ceiling height was fine too.

We booked this same cabin for a cruise in late March of next year. Let me know how it works out. We have cruised on GOS before in a similar type cabin with no problems. The shower is very tight however.

Showers on cruise ships tend to be bad especially for those of us who are taller than the top of the shower.

My husband is 6' 1" and weighs 260. We were on the Rhapsody 4 months ago in March, in cabin 4566. It's 3 sf larger than your cabin on the Grandeur, so almost identical. No problem with the size at all. Your cabin is in a great location.

He's a size 50 jacket, so a big and broad man. He manages quite well in the shower, even though they are small.

Enjoy your cruise!

just got off, was in 4074 ocean view. I'm 6'3 about 200. No problem with height of cabin. Showers are small but I didn't have to bend, but at 270 you wont have a lot of room to dance. Shower head can be adjusted and its also a hand held.