Bringing a fan on board...help please

CRU1Z1N

Hearing all the commotion on social media about Carnival Magic staterooms ac not working correctly, I’d like to bring a fan just in case. We’re driving and I’d like to know if

1. I should carry on the fan and not put unchecked baggage

2. A picture please of what is allowed

Thanks everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

From Carnival FAQ page

• Electrical devices such as fans, power strips, multi plug box outlets/adaptors, and extension cords (without surge protectors) are allowed on board when used with proper caution. However, if such devices are determined to pose a hazard, they will be removed and returned the last day of the cruise prior to debark.

On another forum folks recommended this fan. Purchased 2 for our cruise next month.

efluky Mini USB 3 Speeds Rechargeable Portable Table Fan, 4.5-Inch, Black

I bought 2 of these last year and bring them on every cruise. They work great! I even bring one off the ship when we have a beach day planned since my husband hates being too hot ;p;p

On another forum folks recommended this fan. Purchased 2 for our cruise next month.

efluky Mini USB 3 Speeds Rechargeable Portable Table Fan, 4.5-Inch, Black

We have a similar fan.

I used this one on the Breeze in March. It’s strong enough for the air to reach from the desk to the bed.

Honeywell HT-900 TurboForce Air Circulator Fan Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001R1RXUG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_rCJCBbYH8CCES

Sent from my iPad using Forums

This. I've used that one on each of our cruises. Easy to transport, uses a plug and has some great air flow.

We ALWAYS bring a box fan for not only cooling, but the "white noise" to help us sleep. We purchase one brand new for less than $20. We have never had a problem. If it's not new in the box, they often will inspect it prior to embarkation. We put a luggage tag on ours and check it with our luggage. We have been on most ships and never had an issue.

I would recommend putting your fan in your carry on. I have been bringing a small fan with me on cruises for the past few years. The one time I put the fan in my luggage that I dropped off at the port, the fan was confiscated (sailing on Liberty). My room steward brought me a fan for that cruise, but still don't understand why they confiscated my fan, which is allowed per their rules as posted in this thread. Since that cruise, I have always carried the fan on the ship myself and have never had another issue.

I would recommend putting your fan in your carry on. I have been bringing a small fan with me on cruises for the past few years. The one time I put the fan in my luggage that I dropped off at the port, the fan was confiscated (sailing on Liberty). My room steward brought me a fan for that cruise, but still don't understand why they confiscated my fan, which is allowed per their rules as posted in this thread. Since that cruise, I have always carried the fan on the ship myself and have never had another issue.

My sister's fan an extension cord got confiscated from her checked luggage. Since then I have always carried mine on in the carry on bag.

I have been bringing this fan on with us for the past 12 cruises , I just carry it on , still in the same box .

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Vornado-7-in-3-Speed-Air-Mover-Fan/1000048991

Have to clean it , as there is allot of dust throughout Carnival ships , you notice it on personal items most likely , but a fan catches it as well .

I too bring a small fan on board. Though I need one for those wonderful hot flashes - I really need it for the white noise.

Can anyone recommend a small fan that makes noise? I keep seeing portable fans advertised as "quiet" - which is the last thing I want.

I too bring a small fan on board. Though I need one for those wonderful hot flashes - I really need it for the white noise.

Can anyone recommend a small fan that makes noise? I keep seeing portable fans advertised as "quiet" - which is the last thing I want.

We have a fan that fits the bill. I don't think they make them anymore, but there may be some on Ebay. It is called Kool Operator Jr. Made by Lakewood. Look it up. It is not overly noisy, but it is good for white noise especially at the high setting. It moves air really well. It is not overly large either, and it is not deep, about 5 inches. Overall it is under 12x12 inches h/w.