Sample Dining Room Breakfast Menu

I posted this before, but some may have missed it being that it was hidden in another thread.

Breakfast Menu Sample-Dining Room

Fruits and Yogurts

Grapfruit half

Sliced seasonal melon

Assorted Yogurts

Stewed prunes

Kadota Figs

Bananas

Cold Cereals

Shredded wheat

Special K

Frosted Flakes

Cocoa Krispies

Bran Flakes

Corn flakes

Granola

Cheerios

Rice Krispies

Fruit Loops

Raisin Bran

The above cerals can be served with sliced bananas, brown sugar, milk, or skim milk.

Hot Cereals

Old-fashioned oatmeal

Cream of Wheat

Grits

Juices and Beverages

Orange

Prune

V8

Hot Chocolate

Coffee, regular or decaf

Grapefruit

Tomato

Tea

Milk

Cranberry

Apple

Herbal tea

Eggs & Meats

Fast Fare Breakfast- Scrambled eggs with bacon or sausage links and toast

Classic Breakfast- Two eggs prepared to order, served with hash brown potatoes, toast, and your choice of hickory-smoked bacon, sausage links, turkey sausage, or corned beef hash.

Huevos Rancheros- Two fried eggs, ranchero sauce, and melted cheddar cheese, severed on refried beans

Eggs Benedict- Toasted English muffin topped with grilled Canadian bacon, a poaced egg, and hollandaise sauce.

Fluffy Omelettes- Prepared plain or with your choice of ham, cheese, smoked salmon, herbs, mushroms, peppers and onions, served with hash brown potatoes and toast

A la Carte

Crunchy Granola Cereal- with tropical fruit salad, topped with natural yogurt and honey

Hot Cakes from the Griddle- Buttermilk, bananna, or blueberry pancakes, served with maple syrup.

Frech Toast- served with maple syrup

Bagel- with smoked salmon and cream cheese

Traditional Kppered Herring- with capers, onions, and boiled potatoes

Selection of Freshly Baked Breads- served with cream cheese, butter, margarine, and assorted fruit jellies and jams

Fresh from our Bakery

Assorted Danish pastries, muffins, croissants, doughnuts, bagels, sweet rolls, and choice of toast or English muffin

Assorted Condiments

Orange marmalade

Apple cinnamon jelly

Blackberry jam

Strawberry jam

Grape jelly

Honey

Since you offered, Erin, I'd like the sliced seasonal melon, orange juice, eggs benedict and coffee, extra cream, no sugar. Thanks, have it sent to my cabin at 8 tomorrow morning please.

PS-I'm a good tipper. It'll be worth your while.;)

Since you offered, Erin, I'd like the sliced seasonal melon, orange juice, eggs benedict and coffee, extra cream, no sugar. Thanks, have it sent to my cabin at 8 tomorrow morning please.

PS-I'm a good tipper. It'll be worth your while.;)

Guess not...

LOL I don't know that I want to go to New Jersey this time of year. I would assume it's not much warmer than where I am now. Now if you were in the Caribbean right now....:D

• 5 months later...

The windjammer has pretty much the same selections, only buffet style. Unfortunately, the scrambled eggs are the same in the dining room as at the buffet--kind of grainy--don't seem freshly scramble, if indeed they are real eggs!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...

Our last cruise we decided to try sit down breakfast and boy are we glad. Its much,much better than the buffet in our opinion at least. In the buffet the food was always cold and while the sit down breakfast was limited it was good made to order food and still had a very good variety. I was extremely impressed. For now on we are going to sit down breakfasts everyday. I have one small problem with it though. Very few people go to the "sit down" breakfast so I think people should get there own table if they want. Just a small request. JC

Are there Egg Beaters/substitutes for those weight watchers among us? :rolleyes:

Yes...in the main dining room and/or room service breakfast. Not sure if those are available in the Windjammer though.

And I did notice this was an old thread, but this question is recent and so is my 'first hand' knowledge to answer :)

Thanks for this information it is really useful. Can't wait for our Cruise in August. :)

This may be a daft question but is there a dress code in the MDR for breakfast. For example can I wear a sports vest and shorts or do I have to wear a t-shirt with shorts ?

Menus must vary between ships ! We ate in the dining room every day.

Just back from Mariner. There was no cranberry juice or eggs benedict ever!

Huevos rancheros was offered only one day.

There was a special every day, that was one of them. Others were an open faced omelet, chocolate waffles, crab cakes & eggs.

Thanks for this information it is really useful. Can't wait for our Cruise in August. :)

This may be a daft question but is there a dress code in the MDR for breakfast. For example can I wear a sports vest and shorts or do I have to wear a t-shirt with shorts ?

You can wear anything you want for breakfast. No dress code from what I can tell. JC

Archived