RCL Empress Feb 2019 cruises cancelled

cpayne

And that itinerary can be done in a single week?:p

:')

Now I just remember just the other day I saw a Seabourn cruise that goes to Madagascar from Miami and returns in 12 days. I still haven’t figured out what the typo was supposed to be.

Edit to add: here is a screenshot. I hope I can get it to show.

301103AD-0F08-4B9F-831C-62771C84A5DD.thumb.jpeg.22a8bf9e6fde8ae70870db3e2dc14ae5.jpeg

Edited by molole

• 4 months later...

We were originally booked on Emptess in February to Cuba. The 2 alternative cruises they offered for the same prices were not comparable (one as only a 5-day). We opted to rebook completely, and are now sailing to the western Caribbean out of Galveston. To be honest, we aren’t nearly as excited as we were for Cuba, but we had to sail that same week, so our options were limited.

im not very happy with how RCI handled the whole thing. Seems like there should’ve been options to cruise the same week on a different ship with the price protection they offered for the other 2 sailings, but oh well.

maybe we will still get toCuba someday.

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

I'm pretty sure that has never happened on any cruise ship, unless it was being scrapped.

It is more likely they are "refurbishing" the two decks rather than removing.  I am on a cruise scheduled in a week.  I will try to find out.

On 8/16/2018 at 9:48 AM, Homosassa said:

I hope they are not adding any more rooms. If they are, they will have to liberally coat passengers in oil and have them sleep head to toe and in layers.

*laugh*  Isn't that the truth!

She was a tight squeeze, especially since we had an interior with three people when I met her sailing out of Philly, but a lovely gal none the less.

Judy