Walk Off Disembarkation

parislady40

You have brought back a lovely memory for me. In Vancouver on the Jewel (traveling alone) I sat with a coffee and my suitcase on an upper deck watching the sea planes take off and land while the masses jockeyed to disembark. When the lines had all but disappeared, I grabbed my stuff and off I went.

If there were tags for self walk-off, I don't recall. But since your belongings are never out of your possession, it doesn't really matter.

We always choose the latest disembark time, since we live in Massachusetts. Our luggage is put out the night before, because we don't want to self disembark.

We try to leave the room early enough, go to the buffet for a leisurely last breakfast, go back to the cabin to collect our carry-ons then disembark and wait outside for our van service to pick us up. Easy Peasy.

Soon after, we book another cruise and do it all over again.

For those of us who DO have to rush to get to the airport post-cruise, what is the best way to expedite disembarkation? I was planning on even skipping breakfast to get out earlier. I will be leaving the Breakaway in Copenhagen.

For those of us who DO have to rush to get to the airport post-cruise, what is the best way to expedite disembarkation? I was planning on even skipping breakfast to get out earlier. I will be leaving the Breakaway in Copenhagen.

we are platinum latitudes so can get off anytime and know our bags will be sitting in priority area whenever we choose to leave

if you don't have this status then pay attention to freestyle daily when they announce luggage tags will be available first come first served in atrium area a few days prior to disembarkation

if you get one of first colour group you can leave your cases out night before and be reunited with them n luggage area

if you get there too late you will be better off with self disembark where you carry own cases off on morning and be in first group

this tends to work better first thing

later in morning elevators are clogged with people and luggage and you cant get on therefore better to put out luggage night before and just use stairs to get self and hand luggage off

Yes, but you would have to put your luggage out the night before if you wish to collect where the luggage is held after the cruise. You are free to have a slow and easy breakfast and go off when your luggage label color is called. To be honest, I am not sure re 10:15 am disembark time. I have never stayed that long. I am sure there are experts here who can guide you re the times!!

You still need to be out of the cabin early (way before 10:15) so might as well let them take your luggage unless you have an early flight.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You still need to be out of the cabin early (way before 10:15) so might as well let them take your luggage unless you have an early flight.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Even the restaurants (including the buffet) are closed way before 10:15.

Sent from my iPad using Forums