Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Cruisegirl6

Blexie Tour Guides

Recommended Posts

We have two cars, one is with Jorge in our cousins car and were having a younger woman as a tour guide, has anybody had a woman tour guide, wonder who you had and whether you were happy with the tour with somebody other than Jorge?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We had Yoly, a very nice, clearly well-educated, woman. I didn't ask her age, but I would guess around 25. Excellent English (better than some native-born Americans!) and an almost encyclopedic knowledge of Cuban history.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Many thanks to Blexie -we had a great Christmas Day tour led by Jorge.  He was a wonderful tour guide, timely, patient, knowledgeable, (fluent in English of course), and flexible.  We met him and toured Old Havana and then rode in an antique car around the city.  We sample local coffee, had a great lunch (and met up with a friend of a friend - Jorge helped us arrange!) and all in all had a fabulous time.  THANK YOU Jorge and Blexie!  (Also - it was very easy to communicate with Blexie by facebook and Whatsapp prior to the cruise! When our 1st day in Havana got shortened to an evening only, Blexie was very honest with us about it being more cost efficient for us to simply get a cab to Tropicana or other club  - vs. the safety of booking a guide even though we didn't need one - just to be sure with visa requirements.  He was honest and fair!)  Just search here (or on Facebook) for Blexie!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can someone provide the website for this tour guide?  We will be there in October and would love to book off ship.  Thanks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Wyoming2010 said:

Can someone provide the website for this tour guide?  We will be there in October and would love to book off ship.  Thanks. 

We’re going in May and reserved 

with Blexie Havana Tours 

 

You get a Vintage car, driver, tour guide (who speak Excellent English) and for only $130 CUC total for up to 4 people you get a 6 hour excursion which will take you to all the main sights in and around Havana 

 

We reserved with them for both days we’re there 

 

Day 1 we’re going to see all the main sights and go to Fusterlandia and then do a Cigar factory tour and end with a nice lunch n drinks somewhere 

 

Day 2 we’ll see more sights, Hemingway house and stops and do the Rum museum tour and then lunch n drinks again 

Great thing w Blexie Havana Tours is you  can Customize your excursion anyway you’d like and do or stop anywhere 🍹🍹😜

 

Also there’s No upfront costs to reserve with them...You pay at the end of the excursion 

 

MSC excursions run approx $110+ per person and you won’t see 1/2 as much or have as much fun 

 

You can check out Blexie Havana Tours on Facebook and you email him to reserve a day....His email is on Facebook 

 

 

Also he has EXCELLENT reviews on TripAdvisor, Facebook and here of course 

9A45ED1B-058A-4057-84BD-81B0CFB08BBC.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Wyoming2010 said:

Can someone provide the website for this tour guide?  We will be there in October and would love to book off ship.  Thanks. 

Here’s his website info so you can email him.  

 

Its in the photo 

93B3EA64-7377-410D-8EA5-CB4A7FC4C2F9.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our cruise in May will visit Havana (overnight stop).  We booked Blexie on the strength of many positive reviews/recommendations on here and TripAdvisor.  I emailed Blexie and received a detailed response in less than 24 hrs., which really impressed us.  So much less cost for this private tour than the cruiseline provides (and will last longer)!  Very much looking forward to our tour and plan to post our experience here on CC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good info on how to get in contact with them!

 

  Cheers!

 

We'll be there 2 Sept, on Carnival Paradise

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We spent a day in Cuba two weeks ago and had Alex as our guide with Blexie Tours.  He was amazing, informative and personable.  It was way more than we hoped for and made us long to go back to Cuba.  It was one of the best days we have spent on a shore excursion ever.  I highly recommend Blexie Tours and Alex!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We just got back from our first trip to Cuba and used Blexie as our tour provider based on reviews we saw. We did not regret choosing them. Jorge was our tour guide and we had a 1960 Oldsmobile as our chariot. Jorge told us so much about both old and new Havana and was able to answer all our questions. Above all, his personality was wonderful and we came away from the tour knowing we had made a new friend. We can't compare our guide with any of the others since we have only used Jorge but, if he is an example of the quality of guide that Blexie has, I will definitely use his services again and recommend them to anyone else I know who may be planning a trip to Cuba.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

We booked with Blexie (we will have Jorge) for a full day tour on our first day in Havana in October.  (Here's hoping we don't get bumped like a previous Oceania ship did).  Looking forward to doing the tour with them after all the great reviews we've been reading.  I love having a tour with just the two of us and seeing what we want to see at our leisure. 

Edited by Wyoming2010

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/31/2019 at 11:45 AM, Gupemp said:

We spent a day in Cuba two weeks ago and had Alex as our guide with Blexie Tours.  He was amazing, informative and personable.  It was way more than we hoped for and made us long to go back to Cuba.  It was one of the best days we have spent on a shore excursion ever.  I highly recommend Blexie Tours and Alex!

So glad to hear this. We have Alex booked for next Monday and are very excited. Thanks for the review!  Can’t wait. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I booked Blexie Tours for a tour last week and the tour guide never showed up. It turns out she, along with around 15 other tour guides, were arrested for not being properly licensed. Prior to this, all of my communications with Blexie were professional. I did receive an apology and explanation after the fact. Luckily, we found an excellent tour guide on the plaza across from the dock from Free Havana Walking Tours who gave us an outstanding 3 hour walking tour for tips (we gave her $60 for 3 of us) and then we hired a classic car (convertable) for $80 for 2.5 hours, so it all came out the same money wise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, this is disheartening. I just emailed Blexie last night to confirm a tour in July. Did she happen to mention if the situation had been resolved? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, 2112 said:

I booked Blexie Tours for a tour last week and the tour guide never showed up. It turns out she, along with around 15 other tour guides, were arrested for not being properly licensed. Prior to this, all of my communications with Blexie were professional. I did receive an apology and explanation after the fact. Luckily, we found an excellent tour guide on the plaza across from the dock from Free Havana Walking Tours who gave us an outstanding 3 hour walking tour for tips (we gave her $60 for 3 of us) and then we hired a classic car (convertable) for $80 for 2.5 hours, so it all came out the same money wise.

 

Yikes, I hope this is resolved when we go in October! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have a tour booked with Blexie for mid May that I booked well over 6months ago so this has freaked me out.  I just sent Blexie a email and hope to hear from him soon.  I will post back when & if I hear anything. 

I guess it sounds like it is not to hard to arrange something on the fly at the port but I really like to plan ahead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Sunsher28 said:

Well, this is disheartening. I just emailed Blexie last night to confirm a tour in July. Did she happen to mention if the situation had been resolved? 

I was told that the guide was held until about 3 pm and that she was really freaked out. Not sure how that will translate to the possibility of this happening again or not. Blexie also said he sent a driver to meet me, but I had already left.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

By the way, the tour guide we ended up with was Daliced Garcia at Free Walking Tour Havana (http://www.freewalkingtourhavana.com). Again, this was by sheer luck. She was excellent, and took us to a school as we brought some school supplies to donate. Very flexible and knowledgable. She recommended a great restaurant at the end of the tour (Casa Roma 1860), and in the restaurant we saw a sign on the wall about the car tour. 

Edited by 2112

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, 2112 said:

By the way, the tour guide we ended up with was Daliced Garcia at Free Walking Tour Havana (http://www.freewalkingtourhavana.com). Again, this was by sheer luck. She was excellent, and took us to a school as we brought some school supplies to donate. Very flexible and knowledgable. She recommended a great restaurant at the end of the tour (Casa Roma 1860), and in the restaurant we saw a sign on the wall about the car tour. 

Thank you for the update and information about who you used as a backup 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All is well with Blexie, we are touring with him on Thursday. Thanks to reading here, I emailed yesterday to confirm again.

 

They have moved the meeting place to  across the square and 3 blocks to the corner of Cuba St. Evidently the government does not want free enterprise at the St. Francis square, so they now have a separate spot for them to meet their guests.

 

He’ll send you a little map to get to the new spot, I can’t attach it, but it seems simple enough. 

 

Ill report back back if there is anything different. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Q&A with the Coral Expeditions Team
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...