MSC Black Card Questions

rklrkl

Oh Bea, what a palarvar! I hope you managed to get it resolved.

I've checked our VC points after returning from our cruise last week. The pre booked points and cruise points have been added but not the bonus points or the on board spend. I've emailed but it sounds like they've a lot of queries ongoing.

The points for your onboard spend is always added later CF.

Our ticket situation was resolved no problem! We got the correct vouchers on the first night! Head office apparently did their job.

We received 2 vouchers for dinner for 2 in the Speciality Restaurant!!! Unbelievable how inconsistent the policy is being implemented across the fleet. I'm pretty sure it's because nobody's going to the one on this ship - the place is empty every night!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Because YC bookings get VIP service, before you even cruise. Special Agents, pre-trip Concierge, etc.

Not sure where you got this info from but it does not exist with MSC! had you said Celebrity then you would have been right.

YC service only begins when you get to the YC tent or area at the port.

So as I said a YC booking is no more special than a Bella booking at the outset.

The same for me as well and based on this, I am down at least $100+ onboard credit. I can only get into the site, with my reservation number and have just 1100 points (my last cruise). I am really concerned, though when my travel agent calls them and sends me new invoices, all seems to be good.

I am still concerned and I would expect better for a YC booking!

Just received an email from MSC showing our new point level and the points from our last cruise which totaled 2300, our grand total is 12300. Also in the email are great offerings for new cruises thru March 2020....I am very pleased with this cruiseline!

We are sailing on the Seaside in November as "Black Card" members (due to Celebrity match).

One of the perks is a certificate for specialty dining for 2 tastings menu. Anyone have an idea what a tasting menu consists of?

What status are you with Celebrity?

On that basis I have a question. We will soon take our first MSC cruise having been status matched to Black. Will any spend pre-cruise and during the cruise be added to the 10,000 we start with. We have already purchased an excursion and will be purchasing an internet package and probably some drinks over and above our package.

I realise it's a moot point since there isn't a higher level but am interested to know in the event that one is introduced and that we carry on cruising with MSC

What status were you on the other cruise lines?

Just off seaside Sept 1st. Did black card comp dinner at butchers block and was advised by server you can order 3 from tastings menu....server stated you could order 2 starters and 1 entree if not ordering dessert. Could order anything else for 50% off menu price.....to substitute rib eye for filet from tastings menu would have been a 22.50 USD upcharge....hope this helps

With the Black card in the steakhouse can you get the porterhouse like we did on the Divina last year? If not, can you pay the difference to get it?

Just off seaside Sept 1st. Did black card comp dinner at butchers block and was advised by server you can order 3 from tastings menu....server stated you could order 2 starters and 1 entree if not ordering dessert. Could order anything else for 50% off menu price.....to substitute rib eye for filet from tastings menu would have been a 22.50 USD upcharge....hope this helps
That was my experience twice in butchers cut for the black card dinner. Except we could not substitute another starter for dessert. Both times were told it was one starter, entree and dessert from the tasting menu. I did order the ribeye and paid the upcharge for one meal, it was pretty good. The cut was just as tender as ruth chris but without the char.

I was not able to order from the regular menu like someone else stated they were able to do. It was from tasting menu items only.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk