Question about specialty/regular dining food and disembarkation

MrmrsSteelman

We are on the getaway in Jan. Our first cruise ever! Two questions...

When dining in the complimentary restaurants and the specialty dining ones with the specialty dining pkg, do you order 1 item from each category, like appetizers, soup, main dish, side, dessert or are you able to order multiple items? I’ve noticed people saying they have ordered more then one item..just wasn’t sure how it worked.

From all my research so far, I don’t know how disembarkment works. We will be flying out of FLL later in the afternoon when we return. How do the color tags work and the times for leaving.

Thanks!

In the main dining rooms you can order whatever you like. No problem with ordering multiples of any course.

In the speciality restaurants with the dining package you are restricted to one entree, but there are no limits on other courses. Some people have reported being told that appetisers, sides or desserts are limited, but it is very rare that anyone has actually been charged for multiples. A number of people state that they just order multiples anyway and don’t get charged. A while ago I specifically asked on here whether anybody had actually been charged and just one person claimed to have been.

As for disembarkation, if you want you can walk off with your luggage at any time. Otherwise you collect luggage tags based on when you would like to leave and then walk off at the time that tag is called, to collect your luggage once you are off. They want you off the ship fairly early. It depends on the port etc, but it’s usually either 9am or 10am.

When dining in the complimentary restaurants and the specialty dining ones with the specialty dining pkg, do you order 1 item from each category, like appetizers, soup, main dish, side, dessert or are you able to order multiple items? I’ve noticed people saying they have ordered more then one item..just wasn’t sure how it worked.

From all my research so far, I don’t know how disembarkment works. We will be flying out of FLL later in the afternoon when we return. How do the color tags work and the times for leaving.

Thanks!

Look at post #239 on this link for disembarkation information. And the entire thread for Getaway information. https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2666700

Thanks!

MDR or complimentary as you call them: you can have as many of anything you want. Specialty dining rooms only one entree. but you can, usually order extra appetizers if you like. Tech it is one appetizer, one entree and one dessert, but most waiters do not really care how many appetizers you order. There are a few specialty dining room that will charge extra if the entree you order is over the 20 limit.

Disembarkation: the day before the cruise ends there will be colored tags available in the atrium. It is pretty easy to understand which ones are for which time. If you have a late flight you might want to stay on the ship as long as possible. Normally the cruise line would like you to be out of your cabin by about 9:30am They will call for disembarkation based on various tag colors.

In the MDR you can order as much of anything that you want, including multiple apps, entrees, and desserts. In the specialties, you are definitely limited to one entree. When we used the package I typically got a salad and an app and no one said anything about those being limited.

If you can manage your own luggage I strongly prefer self assist walk off. Can leave whenever you are ready. Last cruise we did the regular disembarkation and ended up sitting around for hours waiting for our numbers to be called because there was a delay.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

MDR or complimentary as you call them: you can have as many of anything you want. Specialty dining rooms only one entree. but you can, usually order extra appetizers if you like. Tech it is one appetizer, one entree and one dessert, but most waiters do not really care how many appetizers you order. There are a few specialty dining room that will charge extra if the entree you order is over the 20 limit.

You are getting mixed up with the platinum meal. The $20 limit applies to that, not the dining package. The same with the limit of one appetiser/dessert.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk