Mini Bars

Manx buoy

With P&O apparently bowing to customer pressure and several posters on other threads claiming responsibility for getting them to ditch the gratuities can our heroes now turn their attention to getting rid of the mini bars [emoji848][emoji6]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Nothing wrong with the mini bars per se. You just need to get your steward to empty them, so that you can use the refrigerator for your own drinks.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Forums mobile app

There is when all they do if asked to remove them is they stick them in a box under your bed. Many complaints of charges being made after leaving cruise and having received final statement and usually attributed to items used from mini bar rightly or mostly wrongly. If the mini bar was never in your cabin in the first places then there would be no unexplained late charges.

The mini bars are a fairly recent addition, just used to be an empty fridge with your “free” bottles of water in if I remember rightly. I wonder how many people actually use the mini bar, we certainly never have.

The fridges were there long before the mini bars appeared, we get the steward to empty it every time and each one has the same story to tell no one uses them and takes up so much time moving it all around and checking best before dates all the time. It’s not like they’ve not got enough to do already.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

But the refrigerator would probably then disappear - no point in P&O keeping them if they are not a profit generator.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Forums mobile app

To my knowledge in 21 yrs of cruising there has always been refrigerators on all the cruise lines I have cruised on and mini bars are only a fairly recent addition so do not see the removing of mini bars will have an effect on the refrigerator.

To my knowledge in 21 yrs of cruising there has always been refrigerators on all the cruise lines I have cruised on and mini bars are only a fairly recent addition so do not see the removing of mini bars will have an effect on the refrigerator.

I have e mailed P and O to ask if they will give people the option to request a mini bar or not on the Cruise Personaliser(a bit like requesting Queen or Twin beds etc )as so many people have been charged after the cruise for items that they haven t had.It would also save the stewards time having to keep loading the minibar to then be asked to remove the items.I know others who have done the same.It wouldn t be difficult for P and O to implement so hopefully as they have listened to customers regarding the service charge, if enough people e mailed them (or even if everyone e mailed them who had been overcharged rather than at present sometimes not bothering for a small amount)they might take notice and those people who want a mini bar could still opt to have one

I have e mailed P and O to ask if they will give people the option to request a mini bar or not on the Cruise Personaliser(a bit like requesting Queen or Twin beds etc )as so many people have been charged after the cruise for items that they haven t had.It would also save the stewards time having to keep loading the minibar to then be asked to remove the items.I know others who have done the same.It wouldn t be difficult for P and O to implement so hopefully as they have listened to customers regarding the service charge, if enough people e mailed them (or even if everyone e mailed them who had been overcharged rather than at present sometimes not bothering for a small amount)they might take notice and those people who want a mini bar could still opt to have one

This is an excellent idea...I will email P&O myself to see if it’s possible to remove the mini bar from the fridge before embarkation

What a brilliant idea and logical way to solve the problem.

Where's the like button :D