Enchantment of the Seas....and port question

Hello all,

Its been a while. We are currently booked for Enchantment of the Seas sailing out of Galveston, TX for 5 nights to include Costa Maya and Cozumel. We have been on the 7 night Liberty of the Seas and loved it. However, the last sea day we were bored and ready to come home. It is am AMAZING ship and wont hesitate to do it again though.

We decided to check out the Enchantment for several reasons. One being a shorter cruise that was more than 4 days. Something different. A little more smaller scale. And It is a quick get away trip. We do have a favorite spot in Costa Maya so not worried about that port. But puzzled about Cozumel. We have done beach things and dolphin things. What does everyone do in that port? Any suggestions of port adventures NOT from the cruise offerings?? Would love to swim at the beach but would also like to do something else as well.

As far as the ship goes, I have a couple questions I hope someone can answer. We recently had a family member diagnosed with some stuff and now they have to eat Gluten Free. This is new to us and we never paid attention to this while on Liberty. Does anyone know what they have to offer??? Will we really be disappointed in the smaller class ship? I have read both sides. Can someone give me insight about going from the Liberty to Enchantment?

Thanks in Advance!

In Cozumel we always go to Paradise Beach. Recommend it to everyone and have always heard great feedback. $6 for 2 chairs/umbrella. They want you to spend $10 for food/drink. Grounds are gorgeous, beach is beautiful. Pool is one of the prettiest I have seen. Super clean bathrooms, staff are wonderful

If you have kids, for $18 pp you can play on the water toys and they have tons of them. For us, it is the best free entertainment watching everyone out on those toys.

Taxi is like $15 for up to 4 people each way. we normally go alone because we go early but then try to hook up with someone coming back.

Also, will say this -my sister is Gluten free and never has issues. Always able to find stuff in the WJ and at MTD, the waiter takes her order for the next evening to make sure she gets what she needs.

As to Cozumel, I second the recommendation for Paradise Beach. Love this place.

Also enjoy going downtown and to the nearby market. The market forces me to rely more on my (or more correctly, my husband's) Spanish. Just fun to walk through, grab a coffee or beer, and check out the wares. This is not your ordinary shopping center.

Finally, hire a taxi driver to do your own "bar hopping" tour. See some of the island that most never explore. The bars are fun and the beaches are beautiful, and that way, you are on your own schedule.

As to Enchantment vs. Liberty, I am glad you have two ports. If you were bored on the Liberty, I am afraid you will be bored earlier on the Enchantment. My advice is to plan ahead to make your own fun. Bring a deck of cards or your favorite board game. Or start that book you have been wanting to read. Book a special dinner at Chops. Whatever you do, have a great time.