Internet package

Saman

For my cruise next year (may)currently there is a 20 % off so daily price seems ok ,our cruise is 7 nights i wonder do we have to buy for all the days ?and if so what about our last day as we will be in port the time we are on ship so wont need it !!!

TIA

Voom internet packages are for the duration of your cruise (based on the number of nights you are sailing). You can buy one part-way through and it's then valid for the remainder of your time

You can also share a package - you can't be logged in at the same time as the other user but you can use it for more than one device and more than one user

For my cruise next year (may)currently there is a 20 % off so daily price seems ok ,our cruise is 7 nights i wonder do we have to buy for all the days ?and if so what about our last day as we will be in port the time we are on ship so wont need it !!!

TIA

If you purchase pre-cruise, you must purchase for the entire cruise. You purchase for the number of nights in the cruise.

You can purchase day by day while onboard, but the cost per day will be much higher:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=55188055&postcount=105

they do not offer the cheaper surf package online. you have to wait till your on the boat to purchases it. we bought a two device package and it was good enough for my wife and 18yo son to do Facebook / snap chat and even google duo (although the picture wasn't that great)

An interesting heads up I garnered from the IT director on Anthem regarding Internet here vs Internet in Europe:

It's not nearly as stable over there due to poor satellite footprint coverage (med area). Then again, come to think of it, similar circumstances during my time in the Navy with me having to shift to HF broadcast thanks to GAPFILLER or the med satty comms being just terrible overall. Turns out the RCL birds being used are also geostationary.

So we will pass on Internet in the med next year as I spent more time in line waiting to see about getting a refund. Coverage stateside/atlantic is better.

How much is it?i have european sim so no problem in port ,also i have now read that in the fjords sometimes the ship internet is not very good . :confused:

im thinking it was around $130 for 2 device package on a seven day cruise. we were on oasis of the seas. i have heard that the price depends on the ship as well.

im thinking it was around $130 for 2 device package on a seven day cruise. we were on oasis of the seas. i have heard that the price depends on the ship as well.

Onboard prices linked in post #3.

• 1 month later...
Can the Vroom package be used to get internet/email on my PC? I am doing the November 2018 westbound Panama Canal trip

Yes, as long as your PC has functional wireless. There are no wired connections available to guests.