Name change

get me off land

Ok question. I'm going through a divorce and am needing to book my 4day for my sister's Batchelorette party at the end of Feb. I will be changing my name back but it won't be legal until later this year. Does anyone know the penalties associated with name changes and manifests? The price is great right now but if I'm going to spend a ton on a change fee it might be worth waiting.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

Your name should match your ID .

Perhaps wait to do the name change until after the cruise or book the cruise in the name you'll have when you are on board. One way or another it would be easiest if it matches with everything/driver's license/passport /plane ticket etc.

Your name should match your ID .

Perhaps wait to do the name change until after the cruise or book the cruise in the name you'll have when you are on board. One way or another it would be easiest if it matches with everything/driver's license/passport /plane ticket etc.

Can I book under my new name without it being legal?

Can I book under my new name without it being legal?

You should book under the name that will match your passport when you board.

As for penalties associated with a name change, it depends on the type of fare that you purchase... the Fun Saver, Super Saver and Pack & Go fares have penalties for changes.

Here is the official word from Carnival on name changes:

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3527/~/name-changes

A name change is the cancellation of one guest and the addition of a new guest on a booking.

An original guest must remain on the booking, otherwise, this is considered a full stateroom cancellation and applicable cancellation penalties will be assessed to the original guests; new guests will be subject to prevailing cruise and air rates.

For bookings that do not include airfare booked through Carnival, and not booked under a restricted/non-refundable fare*, there is no charge for a name change. *Restricted and Non-Refundable fares include the following but not limited to these promotions: Early Saver, Pack & Go, Super Saver, etc.

IF you will have your ID in your new name by the time the cruise date comes around then book it that way. No one asks for proof of your name when you book the cruise. You only have to put in your ID info before you board the ship.

Just make sure that everything matches by the time you need to be on board.

The OP is not changing a name due to changing a person. she is altering HER name. There is no charge for that. Just go into your reservation and edit your name. But, it still has to match your ID. Especially if you are flying. EM

The OP is not changing a name due to changing a person. she is altering HER name. There is no charge for that. Just go into your reservation and edit your name. But, it still has to match your ID. Especially if you are flying. EM

If you have booked the ES rate than they may face penalties to change the name unless they can prove it's the same person with a different last name.

To the OP, book in your current name and DO NOT change the name on your passport until AFTER you have completed your cruise. No one at Homeland Security is going to care when you change the information on your passport.

We made the mistake when we got married of not realizing a name change for a passport is free for the Mrs for a year. So after that, she just cruised on her maiden name and we never had any issues. All of her licenses and credit cards were her married name, but the passport was her maiden name. Once that passport expired and we had to renew anyways, we went ahead and updated the info with the cruise line.

It's free to change your name after getting married if the passport was issued less than a year ago. If the passport is over a year old you pay, no matter how long you've been married.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Forums mobile app

Thanks. Getting a divorce. DV is a *****.

I changed my name on my passport when I entered into a “what could I possibly have been thinking!” marriage. Then I changed it back again when we divorced not too much later. Very expensive to do it twice. I would advise leaving the passport as it is, booking flights/cruises under that name, and changing your name when the passport comes up for renewal.