Sofas in outside cabins?

jocelysue

I've cruised on Princess quite a few times , always in a mini-suite. (Loved them). Unfortunately circumstances have changed; my DH has passed away. A mini-suite is now financially out of the question But I still do want to continue cruising.

Princess is a line we enjoyed (2 Alaska cruises, one China to Vancouver, one around the Horn, etc.) and one to which I should like to return for shorter length cruises out of Florida if possible.

Looking at online photos of outside and balcony cabins, ships on Princess do not seem to have a sitting area (sofa) as do Celebrity, HAL & RCI . It is an amenity I need.

If some ships do have a sofa in their balcony cabin, would appreciate your letting me know.

Thanks .

I've cruised on Princess quite a few times , always in a mini-suite. (Loved them). Unfortunately circumstances have changed; my DH has passed away. A mini-suite is now financially out of the question But I still do want to continue cruising.

Princess is a line we enjoyed (2 Alaska cruises, one China to Vancouver, one around the Horn, etc.) and one to which I should like to return for shorter length cruises out of Florida if possible.

Looking at online photos of outside and balcony cabins, ships on Princess do not seem to have a sitting area (sofa) as do Celebrity, HAL & RCI . It is an amenity I need.

If some ships do have a sofa in their balcony cabin, would appreciate your letting me know.

Thanks .

Sorry for your loss.

Try the deluxe balconies on the Royal class ships. They have a sofa but less total area then the mini suites. They likewise have less of a premium than the minis.

Edited by tailspintom
spelling

Mini suites usually have the sofa and sometimes a bathtub. Those two are the main difference between a balcony on most ships. I too travel solo and have purchased both over the years...if the price difference is small. I would not pay a whole lot of money even if a bigger balcony. One person just doesn’t usually need a living room mini sofa. Mike

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The newly built ships,Royal and Regal as well as the new ships coming into use have a category, Deluxe Balcony. These cabins have a small sofa.

On the Grand class ships, Caribbean, Crown, Ruby, Emerald etc the

mini suites and suites have sofas. There are none in balcony cabins.

I understand that you may feel comfortable taking a cruise with Princess given your past experiences with the cruise line.

We are Platinum on Princess and ,obviously, enjoy cruising with the line.

However, we recently took a Celebrity cruise and enjoyed it very much.

Balcony cabins have an over-sized chair and Conceierge level cabins have a small sofa.

You may want to consider looking into Celebrity cruises from Ft Lauderdale or Miami.

As a general rule...the "premium" balconies have a sofa.

Not correct.

On the Pacific Princess believe all cabins have sofas.

On Royal Class ships only deluxe balcony cabins, mini suites and full suites have balconies

On all other ships only mini suites and full suites have balconies.

The designation "premium" has nothing to do with sofas, it has to do with location on the ship.

I had the experience of twisting my back first day of the cruise. Nothing serious but hurt to sit in the hard chair and even the lounge chairs on deck. From then on, mini with the sofa. The comfort is priceless. I'd check other lines for sofa in a smaller cabin.

Sent from my iPad using Forums