Don't cruisers frequeent the MSC roll calls?

Giantfan13

We are sailing on the Sinfonia end of November, 2018. I booked this cruise in May, started the roll call, and, to date, it has gotten 7 replies and 5 of them are mine. And it is just not this cruise. I look over the entire MSC roll call page and rarely see anyone posting to any cruise. Is it the ship, the entire thought process, do not Europeans visit cruise critic or the roll call section? I've never seen anything like this.

Cheers

Len

Lack of activity on all cruise line roll calls. We looked at RCI, Princess and MSC. Very little activity.

Hello Italy! I kindly have to disagree. We cruise every cruise line. Always very active...RCCL, Celebrity, NCL, Carnival...etc. ...but MSC, BOTH of the cruises we have booked, the roll call is dead. I do understand though. Relatively new to the US. Hopefully it will get better! :D

Hello Italy! I kindly have to disagree. We cruise every cruise line. Always very active...RCCL, Celebrity, NCL, Carnival...etc. ...but MSC, BOTH of the cruises we have booked, the roll call is dead. I do understand though. Relatively new to the US. Hopefully it will get better! :D

What are you talking about???

I have only done 7 cruises this year and always check roll calls. RCI Rhapsody & Harmony, NCL Escape, Princess Sapphire very little activity.

Are you saying Roll Calls are relatively new to the USA??? If you are, I totally disagree with you as I have been cruising since 1986 and done over 100 cruises and joined many RCs in the past.

If I misunderstood what you said, I apologize.

Roll Call threads are dead because people don’t participate. When a few pax form a core group and make an effort then the thread comes alive. MSC RC threads are a bit different as most pax are new to MSC but they are experienced cruisers so they tend to keep the interaction to a minimum unless the core group keeps it active. You can see the difference when you count the responses in the hundreds. Active threads also have a large number of pax at the Meet and Greet. If you want an active thread you have to get a core group together and make the effort.

I tend to believe it is a MSC thing. We've been cruising really regular for 20 years and I've always been very active on roll calls. We are on the Magnifica for a British Isles cruise in one week and it's the smallest roll call I've ever seen. Not enough people to get groups together for DIY excursions. I do hope we have a Mix & Mingle onboard.