taking snacks onboard and water off, Stavenger

Saman

Hi we will be docked in Stavenger(Norway) and going to Pulpit , i can't see that there is anywhere on the trek up to buy food or drinks , so would it be ok if we board with some snacks from home to take on that day , or could we take anything from breakfast( what would be earliest we could get breakfast served in cabin , or what time does breakfast areas open?) and fill a bottle or 2 of water , we want to get the earliest start possible to avoid crowds.

TIA

You just walk of the ship in Stavanger so take with you whatever you like in a backpack or so.

Not sure if you are serious or if your sarcasm needs to be noted...

OP Saman, the cruise lines are very strict about NOT taking any food off the ship in any port that is not pre-packaged. You can bring things from home to get you through port days; sealed packages of nuts, cheese and crackers, individual boxes of cereal, that kind of thing. It's a standing argument here on the boards that "you'll never get caught" if you stuff your bag full of items from the buffet, but it is not permitted.

So i take it we should be ok taking onboard from home cheese , biscuits ,crisps and kit kat if all in sealed packaging:).

Yes, those items would be fine. You could also take the small boxes of cereal from the buffet.

Not sure if you are serious or if your sarcasm needs to be noted...

OP Saman, the cruise lines are very strict about NOT taking any food off the ship in any port that is not pre-packaged. You can bring things from home to get you through port days; sealed packages of nuts, cheese and crackers, individual boxes of cereal, that kind of thing. It's a standing argument here on the boards that "you'll never get caught" if you stuff your bag full of items from the buffet, but it is not permitted.

Well, as I am from the EU I tell how it is within the EU. And of course you should not take e.g. fresh meat or fish or certain fruits and stuff your back full of buffet items but even some bread or a Croissant would be no issue. Not a must that it is pre-packed, this is a very American view.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have been to Stavanger a number of times. There are shops a short walk away where you can pick up snacks.

I usually take pre-packed snacks to keep me going but don't go to the lengths of preparing a packed lunch from the breakfast buffet.

Hi we will be docked in Stavenger(Norway) and going to Pulpit

Is this a ship's excursion? Is your cruise spending the night in Stavanger? You need a minimum of 7 hours to get from Stavanger to Preikestolen. I can't recall the ship being in port long enough to do the hike. We researched it and decided against it due to the very real concern that we would miss the ship's departure.

Edited to add: Just looked at Serenade's itinerary and I can see that you're in Stavanger from 09:00 to 19:00. You might just make it.

Is this a ship's excursion? Is your cruise spending the night in Stavanger? You need a minimum of 7 hours to get from Stavanger to Preikestolen. I can't recall the ship being in port long enough to do the hike. We researched it and decided against it due to the very real concern that we would miss the ship's departure.

Edited to add: Just looked at Serenade's itinerary and I can see that you're in Stavanger from 09:00 to 19:00. You might just make it.

We hope so thats why we want to get off ship as early as possible and not be looking around shops buying food before we leave.:)