Beverage Package and Platinum/Elite Cocktail Hour

DaisyRose

If I have a beverage package, is Princess allowing me to use it at the Platinum/Elite Cocktail Hour for the special cocktails they serve there? On a previous cruise, I could NOT use it for any of the special beverages at the cocktail hour, but I could use it for any other drinks I wanted. I found it confusing. Their explanation was that the special cocktails at the Platinum/Elite cocktail hour were already discounted, so no further "discount" (free) was allowed. Did not make a lot of sense to me; I could get more expensive drinks for free with my package, but not the reduced price cocktail hour drinks with my package.

Yes, you can use your PBP at the Platinum/Elite Coctail Hour. No problem! We do this all of the time! (y)

Same here ... never had a problem.

To the OP, sometimes, I think we all have run into a waiter that misinterprets or has his/her own set of rules ... whereas the next one will be most accommodating.

When I had the PBP on Royal Princess last November at the P/E/S cocktail hour the waiters would say "I'll make sure they make you a real Mojito" (or whatever I ordered) rather than the new-at-that-time special menu version. So when I was on my two cruises this summer without the PBP I certainly noticed the difference in pours between the P/E/S lounge specials (sic) and "real" cocktails. No clue why the OP has an issue with being done a genuine favor in this case.