RMZ191020-10 is now a 7 day

pauldole

Does anyone have any info to share on this? We were rebooked to RMX191010-10 but we received no notice and no one is responding to my inquires at "ask crystal.

Thanks in advance.

Paul

Is this a river boat cruise? Cruise Critic usually transfers everything about the river boat cruises to the River Boat board. I know many of the river boats are experiencing problems with low water and if you'll check on the River Boat board, you'll find many complaining that Crystal has been less than responsive.

Patty

Does anyone have any info to share on this? We were rebooked to RMX191010-10 but we received no notice and no one is responding to my inquires at "ask crystal.

Thanks in advance.

Paul

We have booked a 10 day river cruise for Sept 2019 and it was changed to a 7 day cruise too. Our travel agent notified us about the change and offered us 10 day river cruises with the same itinerary but in different months. We will get the same price as the original booking if we choose to book one for the different month. You should ask you travel agent to contact Crystal and see what the options are.

Pat

Thank you. Its been a non-Crystal type experience trying to get answers. Even on Twitter their social media group said direct message them but they won't follow me back which by definition renders Twitter DM useless

Thank you. Its been a non-Crystal type experience trying to get answers. Even on Twitter their social media group said direct message them but they won't follow me back which by definition renders Twitter DM useless

Where is your TA in all this?

She said she was never told and heard it is due to river conditions, but 15 months out? Just seems odd

I was booked on this one and am also the TA and I received an e-mail notification from Crystal almost six weeks ago. It has nothing to do with water levels, they just decided to cancel the sailing and re-deploy as a 7 night sailing. The alleged reason is "due to demand for shorter cruises", but I'm not sure I believe that.

It is for a demand for shorter cruises. The 10 day cruises were not selling as well as the 7 day cruises. Take a look at the 2020 brochures and 7 days are the norm. The Danube especially is a 7 day heavy destination for all river cruise operators. I never understood why one would want to stay on a ship in Vienna and have to take a 10 day cruise, which technically is no "cruising" for part of it while you are in Vienna. Younger people want 7 day cruises with a day or two pre/post being their choice.

In any case, you will have a great time, I am sure.

I was booked on this one and am also the TA and I received an e-mail notification from Crystal almost six weeks ago. It has nothing to do with water levels, they just decided to cancel the sailing and re-deploy as a 7 night sailing. The alleged reason is "due to demand for shorter cruises", but I'm not sure I believe that.

Roland4 as a TA would you be interested in booking the rest of our itinerary?

I know Larry (Roland4) will jump in and agree with me. It is absolutely forbidden for a travel agent to solicit business here on Cruise Critic. There have been people banned from Cruise Critic for directing people to their travel agent. You're new, so I know you didn't know. :hearteyes:

As Patty has pointed out that is strictly against the rules of CC, and I would not even if it was not against the rules. I am happy to provide advice or talk about the nuts and bolts stuff, but using a public forum to solicit business is unethical IMHO. Appreciate the thought though.:D

As Patty has pointed out that is strictly against the rules of CC, and I would not even if it was not against the rules. I am happy to provide advice or talk about the nuts and bolts stuff, but using a public forum to solicit business is unethical IMHO. Appreciate the thought though.:D

Thank you Roland. You make my job a lot easier ;)