Can I bid on more than one upgrade?

TexasCruiser84

New to NCL. I did a last minute booking (about 10 days before sail date) in a mid ship oceanview guaranty, and received an invitation to bid on an upgrade 2 days later. I suspect there is a very low inventory of the room I want (spa mini suite) because it is listed as sold out on the website. Can I bid on more than 1 room type to increase my odds of getting an upgrade? Thanks!

Even if it is listed as sold out, more may become available if some of the mini-suite passengers upgrade to Haven.

Just FYI, the mini-suite is just a balcony with a bath. I got a free upgrade to one and was happy but it really didn't really do much more than a regular balcony. The Spa feature might make it worth it for you. We did not get it.

That said, I think you can make more than one offer.

Your invitation to upgrade should have the next two cabin class categories that you would be eligible to bid on.

Was the email invitation worded "LETS GET YOU UPGRADED" ?

Click on that and see what is available for you to bid on.

NCL will allow you to bid on a category even if it shows Sold Out.

The reason behind that is the guests in cabins in that category maybe bidding on other cabins thereby creating

an opportunity for other bidders like yourself to move up.

Are there a lot of open suites or haven categories yet unsold ?

Normal upgrading is at 80 days before sailing - in your case with 10 days or less this appears to be in your

favor that something is going to happen although it may not be the Spa mini-suite which is 3 ? categories higher

than your Ocean View ?

Going back to the upgrade - you will see the cabin classes that you can bid for (MAKE AN OFFER) .

You move the slider bar to the level you feel comfortable in bidding and click continue at the bottom of the page.

Finish up with the credit card billing details and sit back and wait.

Nothing happens you stay were you are at with your present perks and promos.

If awarded you move up and keep those present perks and promos but don't get any additional.

Come back and post what happen - will be interested in how this develops !

Oh and Good Luck !

Thank you all! I went to put in a bid on a balcony and the ability to bid on more than one room was indicated there. Fingers crossed!

Don’t let current inventory drive your decisions. In April, we were in a spa mini and got upgraded to a Haven room 3 days prior to sailing. That left a spa mini available for someone else.

Something else until the 2 day before sailing deadline - you can go back and amend your bid higher or lower

or even cancel it - once your bid is accepted it can not be cancelled and the amount of the bid is charged against

your credit card and the Edocs changed to reflect the new cabin with the old perks and promos.

It is pretty much explained in the FAQs section of the bid form.

I started to think a bit harder about my bid. When I booked the cruise, I had autogratuities included - "for minisuite and below" - so I am assuming that if I won a Haven then I would lose that perk.

I am pretty sure that with a minimum bid I would not win, but it is pushing the cruise from "just a cheap trip that we take in the autumn" to the next budget level. I cancelled.

Thank you all! I went to put in a bid on a balcony and the ability to bid on more than one room was indicated there. Fingers crossed!

Just remember you can only win one upgrade. So, if NCL accept you’re balcony bid, you will no longer be in the running for that spa minisuite. Are you OK with that? Or is the chance at the spa minisuite worth forgoing the bid on the balcony? Only you know the answer; think it through before any bid is accepted.