NCL vs RC food

Ridiculous. Everyone knows there is nothing even edible on the Royal buffet... ;p
You guys are way over the top. I loved the buffet on Anthem. I'm not picky like you guys that can't live without your grey poupon.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

You guys are way over the top. I loved the buffet on Anthem. I'm not picky like you guys that can't live without your grey poupon.

You do know I was being sarcastic, right? I love the Windjammer, but only because I think Dennys is fine dining... ;)

You do know I was being sarcastic, right? I love the Windjammer, but only because I think Dennys is fine dining... ;)
I thought maybe but you can't tell with this board. People have been way over the top here. Calling the food slop. I mean if that isn't over the top.

I miss friendlys. We have one left and it's like far away.

You didn't see my responses to those claims, but I don't blame you, this thread is 7+ pages long.

Glad you liked Anthem. I have Allure coming up and I'm sure Windjammer will be excellent as always.

Of course, this other poster is pointing out "what is free" by also pointing out much more expensive cruiselines that are maybe a little more all-inclusive. It's not "free" as you pay for it in the fare. I think common sense would dictate exactly what you said, that we making apples to apples comparisons of competitive cruiselines serving the same market. Not everyone has common sense though or can admit they are wrong ;p

Perhaps you should work on your reading skills. I only mentioned Carnival and Disney. I admitted that Disney is a lot more money. Other than Disney, please tell me which other "much more expensive cruiselines" I mentioned. Or do you honestly think Carnival is "much more expensive"? If so, then I'm really not sure what to say.

Edited by time4u2go

You didn't see my responses to those claims, but I don't blame you, this thread is 7+ pages long.

Glad you liked Anthem. I have Allure coming up and I'm sure Windjammer will be excellent as always.

This former fat guy loves cruise ship buffets. [emoji16]

Heading to 70 pounds down and in the best cruise that buffet better be ready for me because I'm coming in ready. [emoji23]

I'm 18 pounds down and counting. Great job you have done! And yes, I'm going to slaughter Windjammer on allure very soon!

I'm 18 pounds down and counting. Great job you have done! And yes, I'm going to slaughter Windjammer on allure very soon!
Very nice! And that is the idea. Believe it or not a cruise I wouldn't eat much because I figured everyone was looking at the fat guy at the buffet. In reality no one was and there were bigger people than me eating everything in sight. This time I'm gonna be in shape and eating for the fat guy I one was. [emoji23]

Good job on the 18 pounds. When you put your mind to it, it can happen.

Very nice! And that is the idea. Believe it or not a cruise I wouldn't eat much because I figured everyone was looking at the fat guy at the buffet. In reality no one was and there were bigger people than me eating everything in sight. This time I'm gonna be in shape and eating for the fat guy I one was. [emoji23]

Good job on the 18 pounds. When you put your mind to it, it can happen.

Lol. :)

I definitely eat more than I do at home as at home I almost always on diet.

My weight goes up and down... When I am on 100% diet and exercise daily 100-250 minutes I might go down to 120lbs ... when I am bad it’s closer to 170lbs . 5’3”

When I am on my good behavior I exercise every morning of cruise at 6 am for an hour. I still gain around 5-7lb (although not permanently) as I cannot diet on cruise! :)

Lol. :)

I definitely eat more than I do at home as at home I almost always on diet.

My weight goes up and down... When I am on 100% diet and exercise daily 100-250 minutes I might go down to 120lbs ... when I am bad it’s closer to 170lbs . 5’3”

When I am on my good behavior I exercise every morning of cruise at 6 am for an hour. I still gain around 5-7lb (although not permanently) as I cannot diet on cruise! :)

Yeah I was figuring maybe 5 pounds on our next cruise. I mean it's only 5 days so even if I eat like a pig the way I think I will it can't he much. Even so I'll be down 70+ pounds so I can stand up gain 5 pounds on vacation. Then get back at it when we get back. [emoji16]

Yeah I was figuring maybe 5 pounds on our next cruise. I mean it's only 5 days so even if I eat like a pig the way I think I will it can't he much. Even so I'll be down 70+ pounds so I can stand up gain 5 pounds on vacation. Then get back at it when we get back. [emoji16]

You will lose them when back. Several weeks and they are gone!

For me challenge is... we now cruise 5 times a year. 7-12 days.

All I’m doing is gaining and losing. I’m actually starting to think bad cruise food will make my life easier :)

70lbs is a great achievement! Keep it up.

I know this feeling.

You will lose them when back. Several weeks and they are gone!

For me challenge is... we now cruise 5 times a year. 7-12 days.

All I’m doing is gaining and losing. I’m actually starting to think bad cruise food will make my life easier :)

70lbs is a great achievement! Keep it up.

I know this feeling.

5 times a year cruising. I am now drooling and completely jealous.

Thank you for the kind words.

5 times a year cruising. I am now drooling and completely jealous.

Thank you for the kind words.

Takes some planning around holidays, picking most cruises close to home and some work from the ship. I work in IT and RCCL is great in terms of quality and price of WiFi.

At the end of the day, food on any cruise line has it's good and bad. Much of it is mass produced for thousands of people. The specialty restaurants are closest to what you will find at land based restaurants, because its made to order. Nobody should go hungry on any cruise, with any line.

There is always something.

Great video!

Brilliant insight to on-board catering! Do watch it- but you need a spare 40 minutes. I really hope the OP who described the food as “ slop” watches this video & is ashamed of that description-these guys are very professional & very hard working. “Slop” it is NOT- neither on RCCL nor on all the other cruiselines we have sailed on. Of course food is subjective, & of course there is always some dish that doesn’t please certain palates—but there’s soooo much choice that surely everyone can dine well. By the way, Princess pizza was fantastic & we are looking forward to true Itlalan pizza & pasta on MSC soon.