PVP's and Freebies

matt1119

A question I had so I don't make a fool out of myself calling a PVP to set up my next cruise. This'll be my 9th cruise with Carnival and I'll be going as a single.

Because I already know I'm basically paying for 2 people, do the PVP's have the authority or is it common practice to ask for something in return to help balance out the cost? (FTTF/Spa Pass/Cheers Package)

Pretty sure I know what the answer is, but can't hurt to ask seeing as how some other cruise lines throw in the drink package for even first time cruisers.

Hi

I agree, the answer is no. If you have a good PVP, they will help you get everything you are entitled to as well as sort out any problems you might encounter, but that's all they can give you.

If you use a private TA, and you are a good customer who spends a lot of money they can give some amounts as a rebate, but very often this comes out of their commission.

hope this helps

Nope and we've been working with the same PVP for 7 years. You would think Carnival would allow each PVP to send an amenity or do something for long standing clients as an incentive...but no.

This.

I haven't done it yet, but I have thought of booking with my PVP so she gets the points and then turning it over to a travel agent (who would get the commission) and maybe I'd get something extra. I travel solo too and it's really expensive to pay for two. Just FYI, Royal Caribbean only charges ONE deposit and gives you double points as a solo (triple if you're in a suite higher than a junior suite). Those are some nice perks.

A question I had so I don't make a fool out of myself calling a PVP to set up my next cruise. This'll be my 9th cruise with Carnival and I'll be going as a single.

Because I already know I'm basically paying for 2 people, do the PVP's have the authority or is it common practice to ask for something in return to help balance out the cost? (FTTF/Spa Pass/Cheers Package)

Pretty sure I know what the answer is, but can't hurt to ask seeing as how some other cruise lines throw in the drink package for even first time cruisers.

No they do not, Carnival gives nothing for free.

PVP’s are not authorized to give away special “just for you” incentives. But they are very good at finding special promotions or incentives that may be available for your sailing and that you qualify for.

Many TA’s that give away special incentives do so by cutting their own commissions. If you’re looking for additional freebies, then you may want to shop around different TA’s. But as a friendly recommendation, don’t be swayed to work with a particular TA who you don’t know much about just because they are giving you a bottle of wine or $25 OBC.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Nope and we've been working with the same PVP for 7 years. You would think Carnival would allow each PVP to send an amenity or do something for long standing clients as an incentive...but no.
Then why use one? Why bother? What can they do for you that you can't do yourself and eliminate a middle man. I feel the same about travel agents.

Then why use one? Why bother? What can they do for you that you can't do yourself and eliminate a middle man. I feel the same about travel agents.

In my case, I qualify for promotions and discounts that are not bookable online and which require verification. A PVP is, by far, the easiest way to do so. All of my credentials are already stored in her system.

But even without that discount, working with a PVP still has its benefits. Once you have created a relationship with one, booking a cruise is substantially easier than sitting in front of a computer and typing everything in because all of your information and preferences are stored in the profile that they keep on you. When I want to go on a cruise, I just send a quick message to my PVP with the ship, sailing date and type of stateroom that I want, and she calls me when everything is set up just to take my credit card info. And she’s good about informing me about some promotion that I may have overlooked.

They can provide a much better and bigger picture than what you can see on your computer screen. From cabin selection (on the website, only a handful show while a PVP can tell you all the cabins that are available), to promotions, and also providing professional suggestions, I consider their assistance very valuable.

Finally, their services don’t cost me a dime, so why not take advantage of something that’s free of charge? If there’s something that people are always looking for in these forums is free stuff! [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums