Sailing with 18 yr olds/2 rooms?

Stace894

Ok my crusing friends... I have a couple of questions. I am looking into the possibility of taking my son and his best friend on a cruise when they Graduate H.S. in 2020. Yes, I am a planner. With the boys being 18, I don't think I am comfortable with my husband and I sharing a room so looking into maybe doing Balcony for DH and myself with Close Inside for the boys. I know that as they are 18 I would book Myself and son in one \room and DH and friend in the other. Just get extra keys.

Couple of questions. One dumb one. As the other kid will be 18, I assume that this means that I do not need any type of parental permission letter. Also, If the "extra" that I choose is the unlimited Drink package in both rooms, I know that the first two people in the room get the extra. If I am willing to sign the waiver for my son (I know I can't sign for the other child) will they allow that extra to be changed from the soda package to the wine/beer package for my son or would I have to pay for that?

I hope this question makes sense. An input is appreciated. I know the June 2020 is not out yet but will prob reserve once they open.

Thanks and Happy Cruising!

If I am willing to sign the waiver for my son (I know I can't sign for the other child) will they allow that extra to be changed from the soda package to the wine/beer package for my son or would I have to pay for that?

Changing from the soda promo to Corks and Caps can be done with parental consent AND if it is approved. (Click Here).

The amount paid for the upgrade will be slightly higher now (20% vs 18% on the package) but I don't know the likelihood of it being approved for an 18 year-old.

I had a very similar situation just a bit ago with drinkers and non drinkers & my son being 18. If I were in that situation being my son was only able to drink wine and beer with my consent, I would book a drink package & a soda package for each room. This way the other friend would at least be able to have something to drink. I personally thought the corks & caps was way too much for me to spend to have it worthwhile for my 18 year old to drink. Home it's 21, I didn't really want my son to be sloshed all the time at 18, and not that he would be. You have to weigh the odds of each. How much would he drink? Would he drink his worth in the total price of the caps & corks vs just paying for each? Not that my son never got something other than beer and wine ...but that's a whole different topic. Even if you were to book you & hubby in one room & son & friend in maybe a connecting to balcony room, they wouldn't make you pay for a caps & corks for friend, cause he would not be privy to it due to no parent on board. Hope I've given at least a little insight! Good Luck & Happy Cruising!!

If you book connecting cabins you avoid the obligation to book an over 21 in each room. A second balcony will cost a bit more than an inside but you can get two drink packages for your cabin and choose something else for the boys.

No you don’t, even in connecting rooms I was not able to book DH and I in one room, and dd20 and ds19 in the connecting room. The policy changed a couple of years ago with the free at sea perks. I was able to sign a waiver for them to be able to order beer and wine, but couldn’t get the corks and caps package for them.

• 1 month later...