NCL Group Pricing

amyh13

Is anyone familiar with NCL group pricing? Our original group of 16 people/3 cabins has turned into 22 people/6 cabins. We all took advantage of the beverage perk and the 3&4 passenger free on our Epic cruise of the Western Mediterranean next summer. I called the group department just to inquire. She said that some perks (like 3&4 passenger free) could not be combined with group pricing. We are paying about $3700 for a family of 4 in a balcony. This includes the gratuities for the beverage package.

No one in my group is going to pay more just so me and my neighbor (we did all the research and planning) to get some perks. Just thought I would ask if anyone has done it before and any chance it could get us cheaper rates.

Thanks!

Is anyone familiar with NCL group pricing? Our original group of 16 people/3 cabins has turned into 22 people/6 cabins.

NCL requires that a Group consist of at least 16 full fare paying Adult (21+) passengers occupying a minimum of 8 cabins.

The perks listed in the link are apparently not set in stone. For our TA next year, the group booking gave all of us free grats, free beverage package, and free grats on the beverage package. Every person is saving over $600 each versus the normal rates. Since I didn't organize it, I can't comment on whether the organizer received a free cabin or not.

It's actually 5 cabins and 10 people. I know that we qualify, I was just wondering how much cheaper it is. Can you pick the free at sea perks? Things like that.

Out of curiosity, I checked NCL's website only to find this: (note the bolded "bottom line!!!) Yes, 5 staterooms qualify for perks, but do NOT seem to qualify for NCL's "Group."

Things To Note:

• Group space is limited. Contact us today for pricing and availability.
  • Group cruise discounts and amenities are not available on some sailings.
  • Amenity options shown apply for group space held after June 15, 2018. When booking through a travel professional please confirm with them which amenities your group will receive.
  • Daily promotions and Sail Away rates are not combinable.
  • 7 cabins are required to constitute as a group.

Please stop fighting children.....

5 Cabins & 10 passengers qualify for benefits BUT

Things To Note:

• Group space is limited. Contact us today for pricing and availability.
  • Group cruise discounts and amenities are not available on some sailings.
  • Amenity options shown apply for group space held after June 15, 2018. When booking through a travel professional please confirm with them which amenities your group will receive.
  • Daily promotions and Sail Away rates are not combinable.
  • 7 cabins are required to constitute as a group.

OP, you got your answer. Why not call & see what can be done with your 5 cabins?

Check with your TA. For several NCL cruises we have booked, our TA was able to put us in a group she had going that gave us free drinks plus free drink gratuities and free daily service charge. We do not know the other people in the group - they are just other clients. Our TA is very small time. I would think that the big TAs can also do this.

I did call and was told we qualified. With 5 cabins. But was told that many of our perks were not available with group pricing. For instance, 5 of the 6 cabins are families of 4 and we got passengers 3 n 4 free. I thought I was clear in my original post but maybe not. We paid $3700 for 4 in a balcony and that includes the gratuities for the beverage package. To convince my group to switch I would have to convince them of a significant cost savings. Hence my original question. How much cheaper is it?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I did call and was told we qualified. With 5 cabins. But was told that many of our perks were not available with group pricing. For instance, 5 of the 6 cabins are families of 4 and we got passengers 3 n 4 free. I thought I was clear in my original post but maybe not. We paid $3700 for 4 in a balcony and that includes the gratuities for the beverage package. To convince my group to switch I would have to convince them of a significant cost savings. Hence my original question. How much cheaper is it?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Wow! I would have expected them to be able to actually help. You know, give you information that would, at the very least, give you what you need to do the math & figure out what you want to know.

How long ago did you book the cabins? Are you within the 30 (I think) day window to transfer the bookings to a TA? Or is it before final payment so you could cancel & re-book with a TA? (if prices haven't gone up of course) I'm sure a TA could give you the information you're looking for if you gave them the bookings.