Behind the scenes tour on Bliss?

MamaToMany

Does anyone know if they offer a behind the scenes tour on Bliss? If so, how and when can this be booked? I’m a huge nerd and love things like this- hopefully something exists!

Search through the dailies on the following link. https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2641186

If they are done, Behind the Scenes tours are done by the Shore Excursions department on sea days. Sign up at the Shore Ex desk. Cost around $80 and includes a photo.

On the link above, some peeks behind the crew doors can be found starting on post #79. NCL does s shorter, Free tour for their Platinum members.

If they are done, Behind the Scenes tours are done by the Shore Excursions department on sea days. Sign up at the Shore Ex desk. Cost around $80 and includes a photo.

On the link above, some peeks behind the crew doors can be found starting on post #79. NCL does s shorter, Free tour for their Platinum members.

To sign up for the free tour for Platinum & up, go to the Cruise Next office, not Shore Excursions. I took the Platinum tour on the Bliss & they took you to the backstage area, the galley & the laundry. I was told that the tour you pay for is a little bit longer & more locations.

• 3 months later...
On 9/7/2018 at 2:22 PM, tempus137 said:

To sign up for the free tour for Platinum & up, go to the Cruise Next office, not Shore Excursions. I took the Platinum tour on the Bliss & they took you to the backstage area, the galley & the laundry. I was told that the tour you pay for is a little bit longer & more locations.

Unfortunately, none of the tours, comp or paid, includes a visit to the bridge on NCL, any longer "for security reasons"...:classic_sad:

Since that change in policy, I decline the free Platinum tour I am offered...

On 9/7/2018 at 2:22 PM, tempus137 said:

The tour is basically the same on all the ships. If you’ve done one, you’ve done them all.

I have always tried to take the tours, whenever I cruised on a class of ship, that I was on for the first time.  But not if it was the same as one I've already been on. 

As far as the paid tours go, NCL's are the most reasonably priced, but as I've mentioned earlier, they no longer include the bridge.

Other cruise lines still do.  Some of them offer fantastic tours that last over three hours, and while 'pricey', they include nice souvenir's to keep.

I took a tour on another line a couple of years ago that included:  The galley, where we were offered chocolate dipped strawberries,  the storage and cold storage area's, the environmental area (recycling and desalinization), the laundry, "I-95" the main crew passageway, the crew dining room and crew bar, the human resources training center, the brig (jail-fortunately empty), as well as the morgue (also empty), the engine control room, then the theater backstage and dressing room, then finally up to the bridge, where they took a group photo to give us each later.

A person from the staff conducted us the whole way, and at each stop, the person in charge of that area gave us a detailed explanation, and answered questions.

At the end of the tour, they presented us with a commemorative item, plus some ship logo merchandise.:classic_cool: