Captain's Cocktail Party

NancyL2

It could vary by ship but you should have no problems getting to Cagney's at 5:30 or 6 pm after the

Cocktail party at 5 pm - get there early and leave early if necessary.

Check the invitation that will be in your cabin when you come aboard.

Questions call Guest Services.

Small time conflict contact Cagney's to continue to reserve your table.

Having a beverage of course at the "Cocktail Party" order two and take

one with you.

Enjoy !

It could vary by ship but you should have no problems getting to Cagney's at 5:30 or 6 pm after the

Cocktail party at 5 pm - get there early and leave early if necessary.

Having a beverage of course at the "Cocktail Party" order two and take

one with you.

Enjoy !

Thanks! We have a 6pm reservation so we should be good to go. :)

Is the party worth going to?

It is FREE and the drinks beverages are FREE and it is worthwhile - - -

HOWEVER - first time cruisers don't get to go it is by invitation only

for frequent Latitudes Rewards customers as a reward for loyal patronage - - -

AND to push the sale of the Next Cruise Certificate program and whatever

happens to be on the present agenda.

It is an opportunity to meet the Captain - Hotel Director and the

heads of the various departments - the Cruise Director usually

MCs the event - there used to be prizes and other trinkets stuff

given away but from I gather reading here at CC it is no more - - -

OK maybe a cheap bottle of bubbly FAUX champagne so there !

Did I mention that it is FREE and the beverages are FREE - - -

IF you are not on a beverage plan now is the time - no plan needed !

It is what it is - you have been to one you will have been to all of them.

Still yet if you have never gone to one go and judge for yourself.

I will keep going because even if I am on the UBP I like FREE and this

time there are no gratuities - you can tip your waiter server for that

nice double he brought you though.

There is the latitudes party and then there is the Captain's Cocktail party for suite guests. Which one are you referring to? On all the ships we have been on the latitude party has been in the middle of the day and the Captain's Cocktail party for suite guests was around 6 p.m.

We’ve been to several Latitudes receptions. Some are worthwhile, others not so much. We found the reception on the Escape to be th best. The managers did a great job working the room and were genuinely interested in what you had to say. My question was related to the Captain’s Party for suite guests.

It could vary by ship but you should have no problems getting to Cagney's at 5:30 or 6 pm after the Cocktail party at 5 pm - get there early and leave early if necessary.

Having a beverage of course at the "Cocktail Party" order two and take one with you.

Latitudes do not put invitations in rooms any more. You have to go to the Cruise Next desk to get the date and time, and it is usually in the afternoon on a sea day. This is a cheese and crackers affair with wine and punch.

The Suites cocktail party will usually be on the first sea day, in the evening after the captain appears for picture taking in the Atrium. This has hors d'oeuvres and cocktails.

There is the latitudes party and then there is the Captain's Cocktail party for suite guests. Which one are you referring to? On all the ships we have been on the latitude party has been in the middle of the day and the Captain's Cocktail party for suite guests was around 6 p.m.

I'm referring to the Captain's Cocktail party (which is what I wrote) for Haven and suite guests that is held in the Haven Courtyard. Maybe I should have really spelled it out and put for Haven/suites.

Latitudes do not put invitations in rooms any more. You have to go to the Cruise Next desk to get the date and time, and it is usually in the afternoon on a sea day. This is a cheese and crackers affair with wine and punch.

The Suites cocktail party will usually be on the first sea day, in the evening after the captain appears for picture taking in the Atrium. This has hors d'oeuvres and cocktails.

Thanks for clearing that up - after I imbibe on the FREE stuff my co-ordinates and recollection of who and what

takes place and when is foggy - all parties are the same after that.

I did like all the individual invitations to this party and that party and the party of the first part and the party after that !

Make my a double and stop calling me Shirley !

Never turn a FREE party down and miss something.

• Haha 1

There’s several “Captain’s Cocktail Parties” on each cruise. Different groups invited to each. So yes you do have to be specific. I thought you meant the one for platinum latitude members.

Don't forget the invitation although as BirdTravels has noted - You have to go to the Cruise Next desk to get the date and time.

Formerly the invitation card was used as an entrance ticket and awarding of door prizes - but then things do change.

As bad as the medical business 'coordination of benefits' unexpected changes - hiccup !

That must have changed quite recently. We got one in our cabin in May.? Or maybe it was a different party I am thinking of. I do know we had an invitation in our cabin. Oh well, guess I am thinking of something else?

There’s several “Captain’s Cocktail Parties” on each cruise. Different groups invited to each. So yes you do have to be specific. I thought you meant the one for platinum latitude members.

Thanks for explaining it better than I did in my reply.

That must have changed quite recently. We got one in our cabin in May.? Or maybe it was a different party I am thinking of. I do know we had an invitation in our cabin. Oh well, guess I am thinking of something else?

Yes, as of last week, Haven guest received personalized invitations in their staterooms with the date and times for both parties. But then again, NCL does have some systemic inconsistencies, for example are stateroom did not have any letter or even instructions for access our 250 minutes of free internet time.

• Thanks 1