Thermal Spa on Joy?

TexasCruiser84

• 2 weeks later...
No thermal suite.. Only spa rooms for services.

I'm literally shocked to learn this about Joy. Was just about to book a Mexican Rivera cruise on Joy for next November. I thought Joy and Bliss were sister ships. (I'm fairly new to NCL so I may have the sister ships confused.) Why would NCL build a newer ship with no thermal suite? especially when older ships have them...so disappointed.

Now I understand why I didn't see any spa staterooms like the Haven Spa Suite or spa mini-suite.

Edited by Georgia_Peaches

I'm literally shocked to learn this about Joy. Was just about to book a Mexican Rivera cruise on Joy for next November. I thought Joy and Bliss were sister ships. (I'm fairly new to NCL so I may have the sister ships confused.) Why would NCL build a newer ship with no thermal suite? especially when older ships have them...so disappointed.

Because the ship was built for the Chinese market who are not spa people. During the refit, they will expand the spa area for treatments, but don't have the capability of dropping in an entire thermal suite.

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, Kathy241950 said:

I just booked the Joy for the Panama Canal next October. It looks like they added the Mandarin Spa and everything else the Bliss has. I was on the Bliss Alaska Cruise this September. Loved, loved, loved the Spa. 

They will have a Mandara Spa, but its only for treatments there is no thermal suite. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

We have had some people tell us there is a thermal suite and others tell us there isn't ... like others commenting here, we are not interested in it if there is no "real" thermal suite like on the other Breakaway Class and above ships.

Just now, MHKBCrusin said:

We have had some people tell us there is a thermal suite and others tell us there isn't ... like others commenting here, we are not interested in it if there is no "real" thermal suite like on the other Breakaway Class and above ships.

Was just on the Joy, no thermal suite. There is a steam room and a sauna that spa customers may access on the day of their service, and I was told it must be a “signature service” which is denoted by an asterisk type symbol on the spa menu. 

Just now, TexasCruiser84 said:

Was just on the Joy, no thermal suite. There is a steam room and a sauna that spa customers may access on the day of their service, and I was told it must be a “signature service” which is denoted by an asterisk type symbol on the spa menu. 

Thanks for the info ... I've seen some facebook posts saying otherwise but good to hear from someone who has actually been on her. No Joy for us then. We only cruise on the smaller ships if the itinerary is irresistible because of the lack of the full thermal suites. Since the Joy won't be making any trips we can't get on the others there is no longer a question about cruising with her.