Upgrade Fairy

Scoobydobe7

I had just visited my BIL in the nursing home yesterday. He'll never leave it. He's 58.

Yes those that can take holidays are the fortunate ones. Looks like both me and the OP forgot that fact.:o

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

• 11 months later...
On 9/11/2018 at 4:05 PM, HuaAZ said:

Would like to feel bad for you, however, with over 100 cruises I have never been upgraded or received a call from the ugly stepsister either. If you ever find out how the system really works, please post. Would like at least one upgrade before I hit 200 cruises.

Have you ever booked a GTY room? I was gifted a system "upgrade" doing this back right before the wretched Royal Up program began.  Booked a INT GTY but was assigned a Balcony Boardwalk on Harmony. 

I called in a few times to ask about an upgrade with no intention to pay for it. Asked about how the upgrades work and if there's some kind of "points" on the back end - to which they replied no (I don't believe them) I also sailed the year prior. So maybe all these factors somehow flagged my profile? The system most definitely has an algorithm - I can't imagine there isn't. 

I work in marketing, so maybe someday I'll try and find out their secrets by working for RCI. 😉 lol 

Edited by JayEmma

On 9/11/2018 at 4:28 PM, Host Clarea said:

All you can do is call C&A and tell them to set up your profile for an automatic upgrade. This does not mean you will get an upgrade, or even if it will increase the probability of getting an upgrade. It's just the only action you can take related to getting an upgrade.

Not to mention, most are "upsells", not "upgrades" per se.