Texting - Please help

dthogue

It's a bit more complicated than that for the initial set up and it must be done while still connected to land based cell network.

You are right, there are other things it asks you, I forgot about that. I think it asks you about your 911 info and such.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

1) You can just use the onboard cellular (Cellular at Sea), to text, at 350 cents per text sent and 5 cents per text received. You REALLY want to turn off Data Roaming and DO NOT ANSWER random calls, you will pay high charges for either.

2) You can enable Wifi Calling on your phone (on iPhone Settings -> Phone -> Wi-Fi Calling. You MUST enable this while connected to your cellular network. Once it is set up, you can turn it on and off. If want to use Wifi calling and texting, you will need a VOOM package. But then, you can call and text for no extra charge. DO put your phone in Airplane Mode, then turn Wifi ON, and connect to the ship wifi.

You can also use Wifi calling in foreign countries to avoid international roaming charges

Yes, but it depends on the ship. Some use the older Royal IQ app, some the newer RCI app and some have neither. On all ships you can reach RCCL related web sites.

Is there a list of those that have either app? It doesn't matter (ahead of time) of course. I am on the quaint little Rhapsody so not expecting she is in either group. The texting is not important, even, as it's just dr'spin and I -- we will leave notes either on the door or on the desk.

ETA: Thanks also to Bob for the reply.

Is there a list of those that have either app? It doesn't matter (ahead of time) of course. I am on the quaint little Rhapsody so not expecting she is in either group. The texting is not important, even, as it's just dr'spin and I -- we will leave notes either on the door or on the desk.

ETA: Thanks also to Bob for the reply.

Royal IQ: Quantum class and Harmony.

Royal App: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/royal-caribbean-international/id1260728016