Newbie here ... Need upgrade help

MsSoCalCruiser

If I put in a bid for a spa balcony and it is accepted, what would be included with the balcony? I really don't know anything about the spa balconies and I'm about to possibly put in an upgrade bid. But I have to go to the office and do not have time to read about it. So please help! Share your knowledge :)

Thank you!

If you're talking about Upgrade Advantage bidding...take your time when you get to the office and do your research! There is no reason to race your bid. We had the ability to bid from April until about 3 days before our trip in June. You can change your bid once submitted, but not after it's accepted.

Someone from NCL just told me that when you do the upgrade bid on the spa balcony that the spa facilities are not included. So now I no longer want to bid on a spa balcony if this is correct. Bummer.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That is not correct.

Someone from NCL just told me that when you do the upgrade bid on the spa balcony that the spa facilities are not included. So now I no longer want to bid on a spa balcony if this is correct. Bummer.

NCL reps aren't always the best at giving correct information. Replied on the other thread, but just in case you don't see it, the description for the spa balcony upgrade offer on our upcoming cruise says: The Spa Balcony staterooms feature tranquil spa décor and include two lower beds that convert to a queen-size bed, easy access to the adjacent Mandara Spa experience and fitness center, as well as complimentary access to the Thermal Spa Suites during regular Spa hours.

So, it is included.

It says explicitly in the Upgraede Advantage FAQ that you will gain spa access if your bid to a spa room is accepted and you will lose spa access if you upgrade from a spa room to a non-spa room.

The confusion comes because of th concept of free at sea perks versus room perks. You keep all of your free at sea perks and don't gain any additional perks with an upgrade. But room perks stay with the room, so spa or Haven access stay with the room when someone upgrades into our out or it.

Thank you. That is per person, correct? Do you know what it includes because I really don’t know. Thank you again!

Spa access

Heated Tile loungers

Sauna

Steam Room

Hot tub

Hydrotherapy Pool ( Fantastic)

Ice Room

Locker rooms /showers

Just NO extra fee things like massages, wraps, etc.

Wow, that's a real reassuring statement.

Keep in mind that NCL doesn't run the Upgrade Advantage Program. That is contracted out to a third party that runs upgrade programs for other companies (mostly airlines). So a lot of the details probably aren't know by the general staff at NCL.

I can’t believe that to be true. That’s like saying if you upgrade to the Haven you can’t get the Haven. A lot of people in the call center are not given accurate info.

I can’t believe that to be true. That’s like saying if you upgrade to the Haven you can’t get the Haven. A lot of people in the call center are not given accurate info.

This was told to me by a personal cruise consultant not the call center. I will call the person Monday and let them know that they have given me incorrect information. Sigh.

I want to add that this is my first NCL cruise so I have no idea at all about the Haven. So confusing.