Embarkation Day San Juan - Can I get off the ship?

Pipo

Yes, but your are unlikely to board at 10. They start letting passengers onboard RCL ships at Pan American pier in San Juan at around 11-11:30. One cruise we weren’t let on until 12 due to some kind of inspection. You may be able to leave your luggage that early, but I wouldn’t count on being able to until 11.

I have done what you are asking once or twice. It is a good way to begin your cruise!

• 1 month later...

Hi, I am sailing on Freedom out of San Juan next summer and I would like to do this too and was wondering how the lines are getting back to the ship if we get off to explore. Ubers or taxis can pick us up at the dock correct? Is there a separate line for passengers already checked in, or would we have to wait in line with those still wanting to check in? It will be my first time with RCCL and sailing out of San Juan, so just trying to figure it out. Thanks!

31 minutes ago, faith1118 said:

Hi, I am sailing on Freedom out of San Juan next summer and I would like to do this too and was wondering how the lines are getting back to the ship if we get off to explore. Ubers or taxis can pick us up at the dock correct? Is there a separate line for passengers already checked in, or would we have to wait in line with those still wanting to check in? It will be my first time with RCCL and sailing out of San Juan, so just trying to figure it out. Thanks!

Yes either Uber or a taxi can pick you up at the Pan American pier (we found taxi's there and quick and easy to use). We recently did a B2B on Freedom and it's easy to get back onboard....No you don't have to wait in line with those checking in...easy signage telling you where to board again.

We will be doing a b2b but not before march 2020, have another cruise next March. I am not sure what we will do on turn around day, as we are going in 2 days early so will spend that time in Old San Juan. Time to work out that detail with the daughter. Good to know it will be easy to reboard.

9 hours ago, Ashland said:

Yes either Uber or a taxi can pick you up at the Pan American pier (we found taxi's there and quick and easy to use). We recently did a B2B on Freedom and it's easy to get back onboard....No you don't have to wait in line with those checking in...easy signage telling you where to board again.

Has anyone done Uber here? My first cruise from here in 2014, they weren't letting Uber within about 100 yards of the terminal.  

23 hours ago, BillOh said:

Has anyone done Uber here? My first cruise from here in 2014, they weren't letting Uber within about 100 yards of the terminal.  

Uber picked us dropped us off and pick up in the parking lot of the port. Very easy.  They arent allowed to pick up at the airport but can drop off at the airport.  We asked our uber drive about the pickup situation when we were heading back to the aiport on the way home and he told us next time to walk right out side the airport and they will pick up, the airport is not too big but I cant confirm this how easy it is with all your luggage and how far you might have to walk. 

Edited by xsteph1022x

On 10/30/2018 at 8:16 AM, Desert Cruizers said:

We will be doing a b2b but not before march 2020, have another cruise next March. I am not sure what we will do on turn around day, as we are going in 2 days early so will spend that time in Old San Juan. Time to work out that detail with the daughter. Good to know it will be easy to reboard.

Stay on the ship...we just did but only had about an hour+ before new cruisers started boarding...(darn).

We didn't change cabins and had full access to ours by just entering quickly opening and closing those hallway (fire doors) so no one assumed that weren't consecutive cruisers they had access to their cabin.

Our last B2B in San Juan (Adventure) we had to get off ship and then could immediately board again (immigration procedure). This time (September) we didn't have to, an immigration officer came onboard and we were processed quickly...Nice to have the pool to yourself and the pick of loungers in the Solarium.

Enjoy your B2B we certainly did on Freedom.