Platinum Boarding

reemab1

How fun! We thoughly enjoyed our 1st Platinum embarkation. In our experiences, once we fill out the medical survey's (we usually arrive to the pier around 10 ish) we are guided to the priority line and checked right in. Then we enjoy the Platinum/Elite pastries and beverages. We do board in groups there.

Have a great cruise, Sharon

I see you are on the Crown in November, and assume this is the sailing. You are either boarding in Rome(Civitavecchia) or Fort Lauderdale, you did not say.

This is important. If you are boarding in F.L. on November 17th then your boarding will be delayed. This is the day the ship arrives from its season in Europe. There will most likely be Coast Guard inspections and a full review of the crew by immigration.If this is your boarding day you should receive a notice from Princess regarding the delays.

If you are boarding in F.L. on another day then you can arrive at the pier 10:30/11am. Once you check in you will be placed in a group with other Platinum passengers. Boarding should begin around 11:30 and you will board after Full suite and Elites. Civitavecchia should be similar, but I can't really comment for sure.

First time boarding as platinum - are we still given a suggested time to board or are we able to board as soon as we arrive in the port? Thank you.:)

We arrive around 10:30am .

Lately it seems that boarding has begun by 11:00am, although cabins are not ready until 1:00pm.

Those boarding times are a suggestion unless there are NORO issues from the prior cruise or CG inspections etc.

How fun! We thoughly enjoyed our 1st Platinum embarkation. In our experiences, once we fill out the medical survey's (we usually arrive to the pier around 10 ish) we are guided to the priority line and checked right in. Then we enjoy the Platinum/Elite pastries and beverages. We do board in groups there.

When we embarked in Port Everglades as Platinum we were never seated in a special room with pastries and beverages and we weren't seated with the Elites. We were seated with other platinums but other than that there wasn't any difference. Maybe we got to board a millisecond earlier but that was it. Is it a different experience at different Ports? We, too, always arrive between 10 and 11.

In some ports, such as Los Angeles and Ft. Lauderdale, there are separate waiting areas for Elite and Platinum. In LA, the Platinum area is on the other side of the embarkation entrance, far from the free coffee and pastries although you can still go over and get something if you know it’s there. It’s in a back room so many don’t see it.

The last time we boarded in Ft. Lauderdale, we were put in a small waiting area and had no idea where the coffee and pastries were. They neglected to let us know when our boarding started so even though we were Elite, we wound up sitting and waiting, boarding long after it had started.

In these ports, Elite board before Platinum boarding starts. There are usually so many in each group that you get a group boarding number. Even for Elite.

I see you are on the Crown in November, and assume this is the sailing. You are either boarding in Rome(Civitavecchia) or Fort Lauderdale, you did not say.

This is important. If you are boarding in F.L. on November 17th then your boarding will be delayed. This is the day the ship arrives from its season in Europe. There will most likely be Coast Guard inspections and a full review of the crew by immigration.If this is your boarding day you should receive a notice from Princess regarding the delays.

If you are boarding in F.L. on another day then you can arrive at the pier 10:30/11am. Once you check in you will be placed in a group with other Platinum passengers. Boarding should begin around 11:30 and you will board after Full suite and Elites. Civitavecchia should be similar, but I can't really comment for sure.

Thank you - we board in Civitavecchia, and are relying on a princess transfer to take us from the airport to the port so was hoping we could board as soon as we got to the port which I am guessing will be around mid day!

Ooh - hadn’t realised there might be other benefits ! Was just interested in getting on board as fast as possible. [emoji2] sounds great !

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Suite elite and DW in wheelchair enjoy. There's no pockets in shrouds. Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think ... The years go by, as quickly as you wink

Thanks for the advice - gratefully taken !

Thank you - we board in Civitavecchia, and are relying on a princess transfer to take us from the airport to the port so was hoping we could board as soon as we got to the port which I am guessing will be around mid day!
Our experience in fling into Rome for Civitavecchia with a Princess transfer and an early flight arrival time was that the bus driver gave us a tour of Rome before heading to the port. It was a pleasant surprise for us, and I have no idea whether this is normal or not.

I hope your luck is similar.

Our experience in fling into Rome for Civitavecchia with a Princess transfer and an early flight arrival time was that the bus driver gave us a tour of Rome before heading to the port. It was a pleasant surprise for us, and I have no idea whether this is normal or not.

I hope your luck is similar.

Me too - that would be the icing on the cake - fab start to a cruise [emoji2]

As others have noted, priority boarding is somewhat of a misnomer. There has been lots of chatter on the board about the high number of elites and impacts on sailing benefits (laundry etc). Platinum is after suites and elites,

Obviously the later you arrive, the quicker you will board as there is usually a huge queue between 11 and 12. We are elite and once waited nearly 45 to an hour minutes at 11 to go through security alone. By contrast at 2 we just walked on board.

Enjoy your cruise!

Boarding in Citivechia is fairly quick as buses bring passengers to the airport and then return to the ship with new arrivals. Buses don’t leave airport until at least 10:30 or 11 at the earliest. Last time I did this cruise we got to the ship about 12:30 and boarded right away as I am elite.

I am also on this cruise. There were no snacks or drinks before you board so you might want to pick something up in the airport.