Although rooms are ready at 1130.

Lottacruises

Why has the speech at check in changed to say rooms will be ready at 130? I am referring to port of Miami and port of Galveston. This speech is typed, in English, and posted at what they call Desko. It started on 9-8-2018, and was the same on 9-15-2018.

Irrelevant to my question is whether your room is ready or not. Why did the speech change?

question.png.27183c7162d2480fc469001632043797.png

So misinformation to those who are NOT elite will not cause issues. That is why. People overhear someone being told their cabin will be ready when they board because they are elite pisses off people are not elite or FTTF when they get there and it is not. Majority of cruisers are not elite or FTTF so only makes sense to tell folks that the cabins won't be ready until 1:30 since that is a fact.... unless you are ELITE or FTTF of course - then you already know that you can get your cabin as soon as you board.

So misinformation to those who are NOT elite will not cause issues. That is why. People overhear someone being told their cabin will be ready when they board because they are elite pisses off people are not elite or FTTF when they get there and it is not. Majority of cruisers are not elite or FTTF so only makes sense to tell folks that the cabins won't be ready until 1:30 since that is a fact.... unless you are ELITE or FTTF of course - then you already know that you can get your cabin as soon as you board.

Exactly...totally makes sense. I don't understand why this is being beaten to death over and over.

Nobody who has access to the cabin early has been denied that access, no matter what the port people are telling passengers...they are probably sick of so many trying to get to the cabins early, so you just put a standard message out of 1:30p

I remember a bunch of threads by a cruiser out of Baltimore a few months back...on here constantly bragging about how they were going to break the rules and go to their cabin early, no matter what the rules were, because they didn't feel anyone would say anything. I am sure they are trying to combat this mentality in some way.