Junior Suite or Ocean View Suite - help me decide

I am currently booked in a corner aft Junior Suite on the Granduer for next November on a 7-day Bahamas cruise. I am considering switching to the one and only Ocean View suite, category VO, cabin 8000. This larger, non-balcony cabin is about $200 cheaper for the 4 of us. My husband and I are weighing the pros and cons and we are split on the decision.

With the JS, we have less space for the four of us (children will be 6 and 8), but we would have a balcony with a beautiful aft view. With the Suite, we will have full suite benefits (according the RCL website, my TA, and 2 RCL customer service reps) and 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms to spread out into.

Anyone have any input? Personal experiences? This is our first cruise as a family and I just don't know what I should prefer: the space and suite perks, or the balcony.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

I agree with going to the ocean view suite. Trust me, as a family of four we greatly appreciate having that second bathroom, especially when our 3 year old really needed to use it but the other one was occupied. This way you don't have to go running down the hall to get to a public use bathroom. The $200 will help cover the automatic gratuity as well.

I made the switch. It was $200 less to switch to the VO from the JS. I will miss the balcony, but it's better for the family.

I had the TA add the gratuities, and they added at the regular $14.50pp/day rate instead of the suite rate. I pointed it out to the TA and he just kinda shrugged it off and said I guess it works in my favor. I'm hoping what I'm hearing is right and we do get full suite benefits.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

I would hate to lose the balcony but with 2 kids I would grab that ASAP!

The benefits definitely outweigh the balcony.

Absolutely agree with fred30...we've done both cabins...with the recent full benefits given to the pano ocean suites.......it would also be our choice. Happy Sailing. :)