What is the gratuity price for the specialty dining free at sea promotion?

danak13

I know I have seen it before but can't find it now! Can someone please tell me the cost for the gratuities for the free at sea specialty dining? (it would be for a 7 night cruise) I am thinking of switching one of my promotions to this!

I apologize up front if I'm in the wrong area, but I have one question.

Can you remove the gratuities off your cruise card and look after all tipping yourself, like you are able to do on other cruise lines. This is my second time cruising with NCL and the first time, I had a package through a travel agent that included everything paid for.

I am booking this one myself, hence my question regarding gratuity removal.

Can you remove the gratuities off your cruise card and look after all tipping yourself, like you are able to do on other cruise lines. This is my second time cruising with NCL and the first time, I had a package through a travel agent that included everything paid for.

I meant to say Service Charges not Gratuities.

No you cannot remove the gratuities, you can adjust the DSC though.

So there are the daily service charges that everyone pays, no matter their perks. They cover gratuities for the housekeeping, MDR, buffet, and behind-the-scenes staff. You can choose to not pre-pay this charge and you can apply to have it removed from your account on board.

If you choose the dining or beverage "Free at Sea" perk, you will pay an additional service charge at the time of booking/final payment that covers the gratuity for the specialty dining waitstaff and the bartenders. This cannot be removed, as it is charged at booking/final payment ahead of the cruise.

I know I have seen it before but can't find it now! Can someone please tell me the cost for the gratuities for the free at sea specialty dining? (it would be for a 7 night cruise) I am thinking of switching one of my promotions to this!

We are getting ready to book the drink package and the dinner one with this promo. the "free at sea" tax shows up when you get your total. Look to the right, just below the tax/port charges.

Your location on your posts is listed as NSW which I assume is New South Wales (Australia). I thought Australian fares included the service charge in the fare like the UK does now. So it might not even be an issue.

American and Canadian fares do not include the daily service charge, so it's paid at the end of the cruise. If Australia is still like that you can either get them removed or get a refund later. You can ask on board at the customer service desk. My understanding is that it happens all the time, especially from Australians and Brits.

NCL has fluctuated on exactly how to avoid the daily service charge over the years, and I don't keep up because it's horribly inconvenient to pay tips in person. Every night we have a different waiter, drink waiter, bread waiter and head waiter in the main dining room. I would have to carry cash for each meal, then chase down four people at the conclusion and give them a dollar. Plus, for you, you're going to have to go to a bank and get US dollars to give them (that's the currency on the ship), and pay the exchange rate. It's easier with the cabin steward, of course, because you can see them the day before you disembark and give them cash at that time. But it's still a hassle.

But I find it easier to pre-pay the ~$200 for two for a week. Its usually less than 1% of the cost of the trip, and I presume it goes to the people who most directly make my vacations enjoyable, so I don't mind it.

Ok thank you everyone, for your information.

You can pre-pay your Daily Service Charge or it will be added to your onboard room charges. They cover more than the people that you directly interact with.

If you wish, after your cruise, if you had an issue with service, you can request a refund of some or all of the DSC.

But I find it easier to pre-pay the ~$200 for two for a week. Its usually less than 1% of the cost of the trip, and I presume it goes to the people who most directly make my vacations enjoyable, so I don't mind it.

I'm thinking you meant 10% of the cost of the trip? If $200 is less than 1%, your trip would have to cost $20,000...