Club Class Dining with Tableside Preparation

anniversaryfun1017

Club Class is a newish mini-suite option. See https://www.princess.com/learn/ships/staterooms/club-class/. The rooms are typically identified as M1

It includes:

1. Mini-suites in ‘premium’ locations on the ship (mostly midship).

2. Premium anytime dining in a reserved section of the MDR with extra menu options and table side service.

3. Priority Embarkation and Debarkation including tender service.

4. Priority reservations for speciality dining etc.

5. Special cabin services including a free 1/2 bottle of wine, evening canopies, deluxe robes.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you, but I’m aware of the benefits of Club Class. I was asking about another poster’s comments that the Club Class experience varies from ship to ship with no consistency.

I would like to know in what way it varies.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were on the Regal last March and had Club Class dining. They seated us in what seemed to be an “add-on” area behind a wall from the other Club Class diners so we didn’t get to see any table side preparations and the only “extra” dish was an additional appetizer choice every night. The only good thing was the service was a little faster. In our opinion, there was nothing special about it and it wasn’t worth the extra cost.

Your experience is significantly different than our experience on the Emerald last October. We had some darts prepared in the dining room, a Caesar Salad, numerous pasta entrees (that could also have been orders as an appetizer, and a few others. There was a special steak that was finished with the sauce in the Dining room. Our cruise was 28 days, so that may have contributed to a difference. We never waited for a table.

Thank you, but I’m aware of the benefits of Club Class. I was asking about another poster’s comments that the Club Class experience varies from ship to ship with no consistency.

I would like to know in what way it varies.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The head waiter can make what he or she wants, it's not standardized. Waiters are people and they differ. On my Panama canal cruise in Feb the head waiter came to every one's table and told them what he was preparing and how we'd like it. he was personable and informative. Last week on a Calif Coastal our waiter told us what the extra was and the head waiter never came by. On my Panama Canal cruise the service for breakfast in Sabitini's was impeccable but last week on the Golden it was inattentive. Much of the inconsistency is due to people/crew not product.

FWIW I wouldn't pay the exorbitant difference between a mini suite and CC mini suite, I'd eat at a specialty restaurant every night first. The difference in price I've been seeing is approx $50 PP PD so it would easily cover a specialty restaurant nightly. Since it's not extra in a full suite there is no differential to consider.

The head waiter can make what he or she wants, it's not standardized. Waiters are people and they differ. On my Panama canal cruise in Feb the head waiter came to every one's table and told them what he was preparing and how we'd like it. he was personable and informative. Last week on a Calif Coastal our waiter told us what the extra was and the head waiter never came by. On my Panama Canal cruise the service for breakfast in Sabitini's was impeccable but last week on the Golden it was inattentive. Much of the inconsistency is due to people/crew not product.

FWIW I wouldn't pay the exorbitant difference between a mini suite and CC mini suite, I'd eat at a specialty restaurant every night first. The difference in price I've been seeing is approx $50 PP PD so it would easily cover a specialty restaurant nightly. Since it's not extra in a full suite there is no differential to consider.[/

Thanks for the clarification. It looks like the CC staff basically does things the way they want. I can only hope for the best.

I mainly want the ability to dine when we want without dealing with anytime dining. The latter half of our cruise is port intensive and I’m not an HC diner.

You're missing the point, it's a misrepresentation, it's not about what it means to you or anyone else. When people book a service at a premium price they expect the service to be as written. If I pay for a scalp massage at the spa I expect a scalp massage not a neck massage.

Last February I was on the Caribbean Princess through the Panama canal. One night I was given a pager for my Club Class. I found that to be different then what was represented as no wait. Princess has since changed the verbiage to read "little" or no wait.

Ok, but I think people are being a little nit picky in my opinion or just like to complain. I mean I can easily see the area where they do the "tableside" cooking and I think they are doing what they described. I mean, where does it say that tableside has to be within 12 inches of each and every table? Just because a land side restaurant may do it differently, does that mean it has to be the same way in another place? In fact when I did my very first CC dining experience, and saw what was the "tableside" thing, I just chuckled. I mean, really guys? That is my point.

Pooh

Ok, but I think people are being a little nit picky in my opinion or just like to complain. I mean I can easily see the area where they do the "tableside" cooking and I think they are doing what they described. I mean, where does it say that tableside has to be within 12 inches of each and every table? Just because a land side restaurant may do it differently, does that mean it has to be the same way in another place? In fact when I did my very first CC dining experience, and saw what was the "tableside" thing, I just chuckled. I mean, really guys? That is my point.

Pooh

I see your point but didn't see the preparation area when seated near a window because it was too far away. To avoid controversy wouldn't it make sense for any company not just Princess to be crystal clear in their description of a product or service. To state there is a prep station located with the CC area where an extra dish will be prepared for your enjoyment will be served.