Non-Refundable Deposit Cabin Change Question

OSUZorba

We are about to book a cruise with DW, DD and myself in an OS. My mom is thinking about joining us, but probably isn't going to book for awhile. If my mom ends up coming, I want to book DD in her room since she's solo and would have to pay for two people any way.

I was wondering if I went ahead and booked DD in our cabin, then my mom booked later if we could move DD to my mom's cabin without paying the change fee.

I found this online RCL's website: "a change fee of $100 per guest will be imposed to all reservations booked under a nonrefundable deposit fare that opts to change either the ship and/or sail date originally selected." Which makes me think as long as you stay on the same sailing you can change cabins to your heart's content. But I haven't ever messed with the non-refundable deposit before so I wasn't sure how it actually worked.

We are about to book a cruise with DW, DD and myself in an OS. My mom is thinking about joining us, but probably isn't going to book for awhile. If my mom ends up coming, I want to book DD in her room since she's solo and would have to pay for two people any way.

I was wondering if I went ahead and booked DD in our cabin, then my mom booked later if we could move DD to my mom's cabin without paying the change fee.

I found this online RCL's website: "a change fee of $100 per guest will be imposed to all reservations booked under a nonrefundable deposit fare that opts to change either the ship and/or sail date originally selected." Which makes me think as long as you stay on the same sailing you can change cabins to your heart's content. But I haven't ever messed with the non-refundable deposit before so I wasn't sure how it actually worked.

You have stated it correctly. No fee in your situation.

Just asking

If they book a 3 person cabin, then move DD out of that cabin and into grandmas cabin,,,, can mom and dad be moved out of their 3 person cabin into a 2 person cabin?

In this case mom and dad are in an owners suite so it doesn’t matter.

If they were in a non suite triple occupancy cabin then yes they could be.