Majestic princess quick review...sept ...sydney to fiji....

S&D

Here we are back from the Majestic Princess, just got home, so will pass on our thoughts on this new ship.... very nice..but not for us....

Cheznandy have covered this ship in great detail in their wonderful blog, so these comments are just our 2 cents worth!

We have done 15 Princess cruises....they are all lovely ships, this is no exception, very beautifully fitted out indeed..we did have a great time travelling with family, we all enjoyed ourselves..

She is way different to any of the other ships we have been on...our faves are Sapphire, Diamond, Ruby, Emerald. these ships have lots of room for everyone and lots of spaces to sit and lounge without too many crowds....

The Majestic has one large Piazza area which unfortunately was packed with people from about 8am to 11pm...very hard to get seats there at anytime.... they have music there, art shows, painting classes, line dancing etc, as there is very little other space to hold these events... Crooners was good, and the Crown Grill bar was good, always crowded, and no dance floors in either of these venues.

We found the ship hugely crowded, with limited seating in most places, which is a shame as she is a lovely ship, just not laid out too well for the Aussie market... no chance getting a seat in the shows unless you went about an hour or more early to nab some seats.:mad:

The staff were great, cabins were lovely, and embarkation very quick. Movies under the stars was great, you could get a seat up there!

Unfortunately I got very sick onboard....Medical staff were great when I got the dreaded noro virus on day 7, they were quick to send meds, and I recovered quickly..first class service there!

Sadly...The anytime dining did not work for us at all....we tried 4 nights to get a time... but were only offered 5.15 or after 8pm...so we gave up after that and went to the Alfredos pizza...very good fortunately... we went to the steakhouse one night...not as good as on the other ships, and the noise did drift in from the bar next door....the food was a little under par of any of the other ships we have been on, I'm sure they will fine tune this as time goes on...

We had a great time, and we are glad we sailed on her, but we will stick to the other Princess ships, and of course..the fabulous Celebrity Solstice....

Happy cruising to you all...

S&D:):)

• Like 1

I couldn't disagree more, we went to anytime dining in Concerto at 7:45 most nights and got a table straight away, we were happy to share with anyone and met some smashing people and had lots of laughs.

We went to the 9:45 show at night and found there to be plenty of seats available. The 7:45 show was full early but was live streamed into the Princess Live theatre.

I do agree that it was difficult to find a seat in the Piazza but patience and persistence paid off.

The ship does have some design flaws for eg, there isn't a deck that you can walk completely around as per a jogging/walking track and the high end shopping takes up too much space which could be put to better use.

The crew were fabulous, the Captain was the best I have ever sailed with keeping us exceptionally informed in his daily bulletin and mingling with the passengers sometimes.

The food was excellent bearing in mind it's not the Ritz. Alfredos pizza was delicious as was the Noodle bar wonton soups.

Speciality coffee was hit and miss but the hot chocolate was yummy.

"Life is like a box of chocolates"

This was our first Princess cruise having sailed six times with RCL and we paid a deposit on a future cruise.

• Like 2

Yes, the shops are definately high end, and I'm glad to hear you had luck with the dining, we tried several times with no luck.... we even rang on 3 occasions at 8 in the morning to make a booking...and they said only5.15 pm or 8 pm.... and yes, a lovely crew and Captain... we loved the noodle bar as well... just a bit crowded for us on the Majestic... cheers S&D

Thankyou both so much for your thoughts, I was hoping it was just our cruise that was crowded and lacked seating.

I guess it is the ship design, our friends that got of today also said that between the 3 high end shops and the very large photo space, lots of room was wasted.

I couldn't disagree more, we went to anytime dining in Concerto at 7:45 most nights and got a table straight away, we were happy to share with anyone and met some smashing people and had lots of laughs.

We went to the 9:45 show at night and found there to be plenty of seats available. The 7:45 show was full early but was live streamed into the Princess Live theatre.

I do agree that it was difficult to find a seat in the Piazza but patience and persistence paid off.

The ship does have some design flaws for eg, there isn't a deck that you can walk completely around as per a jogging/walking track and the high end shopping takes up too much space which could be put to better use.

The crew were fabulous, the Captain was the best I have ever sailed with keeping us exceptionally informed in his daily bulletin and mingling with the passengers sometimes.

The food was excellent bearing in mind it's not the Ritz. Alfredos pizza was delicious as was the Noodle bar wonton soups.

This was our first Princess cruise having sailed six times with RCL and we paid a deposit on a future cruise.

Forgot to say, welcome to Cruise Critic:), first post anyway!

Who was the Capt.

Thanks for your opinions.

I must say I was wondering if she’d feel crowded, Emerald was too crowded for us, Diamond on the other hand was fantastic.

Yes Mr Gut,,Diamond and Solstice still our faves!!!.... cheers S&D

We liked Solstice, wish the6 offered more round trip cruises out if Sydney.

Liked Diamond, loved Pacific Princess.

About to try Norwegian Jewel.

Good on you Mr Gut, hope the Jewel is fantastic!...may catch you for a coffee when we in Newcastle again in Jan 2020... on cruise.. lol.....cheers S&D:)

Question for gbenjo if I may - were you working yesterday (i.e. Majestic check-in) - If so, how busy was it? I'm on the next one (10 Oct), with staggered times I got the 4.30 time slot but I can't get transport that late.

Have priority boarding pass (Platinum) and expect to be there around 1.30-2.00pm. What are my chances of getting on at that time??

Thanks in advance :)

Question for gbenjo if I may - were you working yesterday (i.e. Majestic check-in) - If so, how busy was it? I'm on the next one (10 Oct), with staggered times I got the 4.30 time slot but I can't get transport that late.

Have priority boarding pass (Platinum) and expect to be there around 1.30-2.00pm. What are my chances of getting on at that time??

We had priority boarding, with a time of 4pm....we just turned up and were onboard by 11.30...hope that helps!...

I wouldn’t worry about progressive boarding because Princess doesn’t enforce it, they hope people will stick to their times so boarding should commence about 12 noon unless they have a Noro virus and need a good clean

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Gbenjo doesn’t have the privelege of doing Princess, just think if he did he would get to see me and Mrs Gut more often.

Thanks for reviews. I was down at Circular Quay on Thursday saw the Majestic in. Cast of thousands coming off and going on. Sandy's (S&D) opinion matches ours of the Royal Princess, enough said. I missed the evening sailaway of Majestic as were in ye olde Opera House seeing Evita, good show, but not great, not quite our style.:cool:

Sorry, I cannot help you. The season for me does not start till 6th October as our company only does Royal Caribbean and Celebrity (and NCL plus a few other smaller ones) A 4:30pm check in seems a little late to me but I would think would only be a "suggested" time. I think if you arrived at 1:30 -2:00pm you should be OK particularly if you have priority boarding.Then again the company that does the Princess check ins may not be as efficient as us :):):):evilsmile: