Grandeur scheduled for drydock 3/16/2019.

Arzeena

I am booked on March 28th. Over the last couple years we have fallen into this type of issue 3 times, 2 of those were on the same cruise. Either a short notice dry dock, or the entire ship was chartered. One thing I learned is not to jump ship and wait for the official notice. Royal was very accommodating with OBC, price matching or upgrading, and finding other sailings / ships that worked with our schedule. The most recent was a booking on Indy which ended up chartered, we moved to Majesty which went into dry dock, and ended up on Enchantment doing a B2B with a crazy amount of OBC. It will all work out, not worth stressing about until you get "official" notification.

After hearing this yesterday on FB, I called RCCL CS and the rep told me there was a note on my booking (Grandeur 3/7/19) that said it's being canceled due to dry dock, and that we would be contacted with re-booking options. But she also checked 4 references and could not find anything that stated Grandeur was going in for dry dock.

My wife thinks RCCL will wait until after final payment is made to "officially" cancel it. Therefore holding our funds ransom. God I hope not and they let us no very soon.

This pisses me off because this cruise would set us up for the Diamond level for our Oasis 9/2019 European cruise. If it's canceled and we cannot find another cruise that suits us, there is no reason to stay with RCCL for that cruise.

After hearing this yesterday on FB, I called RCCL CS and the rep told me there was a note on my booking (Grandeur 3/7/19) that said it's being canceled due to dry dock, and that we would be contacted with re-booking options. But she also checked 4 references and could not find anything that stated Grandeur was going in for dry dock.

My wife thinks RCCL will wait until after final payment is made to "officially" cancel it. Therefore holding our funds ransom. God I hope not and they let us no very soon.

This pisses me off because this cruise would set us up for the Diamond level for our Oasis 9/2019 European cruise. If it's canceled and we cannot find another cruise that suits us, there is no reason to stay with RCCL for that cruise.

They won't wait. They are usually accommodating and will even offer compensation if you have already purchased airfare.

Sent from my PH-1 using Forums mobile app

My TA says it is highly unlikely there will be a drydock/cancelled cruises in March.

I'm still curious how this whole topic got started. Was it because one or two of the cruises disappeared from the RC site? To me that just means they are sold out. My TA's site is still showing them, marked "sold out", but with cabins in all categories. Is this a case of rumors gone wild?

shipgeeks...here's hoping that your TA is correct. I just heard back from my TA who contacted RCI about change and was told "I did not see any information that coincide with those dates."

Still keeping fingers, toes and eyes crossed that this all works out well in our favor.;)

shipgeeks...here's hoping that your TA is correct. I just heard back from my TA who contacted RCI about change and was told "I did not see any information that coincide with those dates."

Still keeping fingers, toes and eyes crossed that this all works out well in our favor.;)

I am still keeping my fingers crossed too....... I have yet to join the roll call! This can't be happening even before I join!;p

At least they can bring up the Enchantment to Baltimore if they have to take the Grandeur away. LOL.

I am booked on March 28th. Over the last couple years we have fallen into this type of issue 3 times, 2 of those were on the same cruise. Either a short notice dry dock, or the entire ship was chartered. One thing I learned is not to jump ship and wait for the official notice. Royal was very accommodating with OBC, price matching or upgrading, and finding other sailings / ships that worked with our schedule. The most recent was a booking on Indy which ended up chartered, we moved to Majesty which went into dry dock, and ended up on Enchantment doing a B2B with a crazy amount of OBC. It will all work out, not worth stressing about until you get "official" notification.
I hope you're right because I don't see anything at the same price we booked. If I changed now I would pay more. I was really looking forward to this sailing 3/7.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Forums mobile app

So now I'm keeping an eye on this- we are looking to book the 3/28 9 night cruise on the Grandeur.

I'm not too worried about post dry dock, as we had a great time on the Adventure earlier this year, and she had a lot of work done on her during the 2nd version, which was actually a wet dock.

It's not as if there are that many things that can be added to the ship that takes a huge amount of time. It's already packed full of stuff.

My TA says it is highly unlikely there will be a drydock/cancelled cruises in March.

I'm still curious how this whole topic got started. Was it because one or two of the cruises disappeared from the RC site? To me that just means they are sold out. My TA's site is still showing them, marked "sold out", but with cabins in all categories. Is this a case of rumors gone wild?

This is just an example of what I experienced.

I was on a charter and it was announced prior to disembarkation that the group chartered the ship for 3/21/2019. I came home and found a Roll Call for that date - NOTS. I posted a heads up for those booked on the cruise. One response to my comment was from someone whose TA told them that charters are done 2 years in advance and there was no way the ship had been chartered for that date.

On 6/26/18 the charter group started selling staterooms. It was mid July before the first CC member posted that they were notified by RCI that the ship had indeed been chartered.

Yes, some posters on that board may have thought I was spreading a rumor..but..the truth finally emerged.

This is just an example of what I experienced.

I was on a charter and it was announced prior to disembarkation that the group chartered the ship for 3/21/2019. I came home and found a Roll Call for that date - NOTS. I posted a heads up for those booked on the cruise. One response to my comment was from someone whose TA told them that charters are done 2 years in advance and there was no way the ship had been chartered for that date.

On 6/26/18 the charter group started selling staterooms. It was mid July before the first CC member posted that they were notified by RCI that the ship had indeed been chartered.

Yes, some posters on that board may have thought I was spreading a rumor..but..the truth finally emerged.

You did people a favor by putting it out there. You did not spread a rumor. Got everyone thinking about other options before the nth moment, Plan B, Plan C. etc. If they want to believe it, think about it or deny it, it is up to them.

You did people a favor by putting it out there. You did not spread a rumor. Got everyone thinking about other options before the nth moment, Plan B, Plan C. etc. If they want to believe it, think about it or deny it, it is up to them.

Thanks!! It is never something that you want to happen. But... it seems to happen a lot more often than it did in past years!

While on board the NOTS 1/2018, we booked the NOTS for Jan 2019. We then found out that the ship was going into dry dock. RCI price protected us and offered us OBC for the inconvenience. They offered a few cruises in that same time frame. Turns out that we were able to book the same itinerary on the JOTS for approximately the same date...at a lower price and we got OBC added to that! So...it worked out in our favor for that cruise.

Sometimes, a plan that is disrupted can turn out to be better than what we had originally planned!

Thanks!! It is never something that you want to happen. But... it seems to happen a lot more often than it did in past years!

While on board the NOTS 1/2018, we booked the NOTS for Jan 2019. We then found out that the ship was going into dry dock. RCI price protected us and offered us OBC for the inconvenience. They offered a few cruises in that same time frame. Turns out that we were able to book the same itinerary on the JOTS for approximately the same date...at a lower price and we got OBC added to that! So...it worked out in our favor for that cruise.

Sometimes, a plan that is disrupted can turn out to be better than what we had originally planned!

I agree with you. Sometimes you think your plan is best but something better can happen when you least expect it.

How does this "price protection" work?

Kathy

I agree with you. Sometimes you think your plan is best but something better can happen when you least expect it.

How does this "price protection" work?

Kathy

For me, they kept my price to move to another ship for equal or better cabin category, and lots of OBC. We were very happy with the end result.

I now see the March 7 sailing and available cabins. Don't see the 16th sailing, though.

Kathy

I see the 16th sailing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I see it! I see it! YAAAAAYYYY! SO happy they changed plans.

Hope they do not change minds again or this would have been the third time we got dumped by Royal.

But I am curious to know why they scheduled a dry dock and cancelled the cruise and then put it back on. Was it the picketing of the loyal Grandeur cruisers from the 3/7 and 3 /16 cruises, outside the Miami office??? LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!;p;)

I scraped something off the very bottom of my black bag of tricks.;p Glad it worked.:D:rolleyes:

Would still like to know what this whole fiasco was about.

Me too!

Thanks for the spell ;) it sure did work!:D Thumbs up for Delta!

Looking forward to meeting you on board!

YES! I noticed too.

Glad it's worked out for you Arzeena. We're looking to go to New England and Canada on Grandeur on July, so very interested in any potential changes to the ship. Wonder if we will ever know why these cruises went to Code Red ?

Glad it's worked out for you Arzeena. We're looking to go to New England and Canada on Grandeur on July, so very interested in any potential changes to the ship. Wonder if we will ever know why these cruises went to Code Red ?

Perhaps they wanted to raise the price?:confused: or give us a scare?;p

I wish you were coming on this cruise. I would have had a chance to meet you then since we missed you in August.

We are booked for April 6, 2019. Fingers crossed!! Last time on Grandeur she dry docked right after our cruise.

Same here.

I just checked, and that cruise is still for sale on RCI site.