Grandeur scheduled for drydock 3/16/2019.

Arzeena

We had 11 OV 2N cabins booked for our group for March 16th. I was told which cabins were available on the April 6th cruise but RC refused to assign the cabins to us. They told my TA we had to take guaranteed cabins which may or may not be in the category we paid for. I feel they are selling available cabins to "new" customers who can choose their cabins and giving those of us who are transferring to this cruise the shaft by assigning what's left. I'm new to these boards and respect everyone's suggestions. I feel like I never want to deal with RC again. BTW I have yet to get an email notifying me. I only learned about the cancellation by reading this forum.

Yes, do not give up on this. You are right that you must get the full $150. Keep pressing.

Again, if there is no satisfactory resolution, write it all up and send it to mbayley@rccl.com

Let his office know that his reps are just making this stuff up as they go along, instead of following actual known facts and procedures.

I TOTALLY AGREE!

Everyone I called gave me a different version of the story. One is still maintaining that the cruise is not cancelled. And I asked about the cancellation email.....she says yes you will get the email but the cruise is still not cancelled. :D;p At this point I am very amused!

Dragon,

You have to keep trying about that expired certificate because it was no fault of yours. Crown and Anchor must help out in this case.

We also had the 1M Panoramic on deck 7.:( Was looking forward to staying in one, but next time.

We had 11 OV 2N cabins booked for our group for March 16th. I was told which cabins were available on the April 6th cruise but RC refused to assign the cabins to us. They told my TA we had to take guaranteed cabins which may or may not be in the category we paid for. I feel they are selling available cabins to "new" customers who can choose their cabins and giving those of us who are transferring to this cruise the shaft by assigning what's left. I'm new to these boards and respect everyone's suggestions. I feel like I never want to deal with RC again. BTW I have yet to get an email notifying me. I only learned about the cancellation by reading this forum.

Which means they may be in a higher category or the same category you paid for. I think something got lost in translation here. But I understand it is hard to accommodate a group of cabins than one single cabins. Again this is happening because they cancelled the cruise and your TA is the one who should be making the calls and getting you the answers.

At this time, whatever is left in the cabin inventory of your alternate cruise is the only thing that can be offered. Understand that Royal is not going to move an already/previously booked customer to accommodate a group of 11 cabins together. Some of you may be on different floors in different sections. That may work out better, who knows? Your TA should have explained that.

Your TA is the one who is the supposed to notify you, not Royal, since you booked via a TA. I feel your TA is not putting in his/her 100% in working for you.

Welcome to Cruise Critic and I wish you the best in resolving this.

My TA wasn't notified until this morning. We don't expect to be grouped together on the ship at this point. We just would like to have our cabin numbers in the category or better than what we selected. I'm writing an email to send off to RC. I'm hoping to find someone there who can help us.

My TA wasn't notified until this morning. We don't expect to be grouped together on the ship at this point. We just would like to have our cabin numbers in the category or better than what we selected. I'm writing an email to send off to RC. I'm hoping to find someone there who can help us.

If you booked a GTY in one category they cannot assign you a lower category unless your category and every category above yours is sold out. But your TA should be working for you and explaining this.

If it gives you any peace of mind, call reservations, pretend to be a new customer and just ask general questions that you are thinking of booking a group for April 6 cruise, need 12 cabins on this cruise, what is the availability of ocean views, if you get a GTY, what are your chances of getting assigned a lower category. etc etc. At least you know first hand, where you stand. Then fire your TA.;)

I guess I lucked out. I called Royal as soon as I got the email last evening. It took a while to get things settled, but, I got an ocean view, which I originally had. It is on a different deck, but, that is OK. Everything else stayed the same, price wise and also kept our original OBC, plus the additional $200. The only other thing that is different, is our dining time. We prefer 5:30 and the only thing they had was late or MTD. I took the late seating, but, on the wait list for early. If I don't get it, I have no problems eating in the Windjammer. Sometimes, I even like it better.

Gwen :D

I guess I lucked out. I called Royal as soon as I got the email last evening. It took a while to get things settled, but, I got an ocean view, which I originally had. It is on a different deck, but, that is OK. Everything else stayed the same, price wise and also kept our original OBC, plus the additional $200. The only other thing that is different, is our dining time. We prefer 5:30 and the only thing they had was late or MTD. I took the late seating, but, on the wait list for early. If I don't get it, I have no problems eating in the Windjammer. Sometimes, I even like it better.

Gwen, when you get on board, they'll make room for you in first seating. You are D+. They like to keep top tier people happy. :) (not to mention that you practically live on board ;) :D )

So about 6 month before the cruises- they "suddenly" dicover they have to do routine maintenance:eek:

That is a new low :mad:and makes me VERY nervous as this close we would have all kinds oft things set up inkluding international flights and leave from work.....:(

Wonder how many times they miss X-mas at RCI...because that shows up suddenly too....:rolleyes::eek:

Terrible management!:mad:

Absolutely not defending RCCI actions, but Chengkp75 posts earlier in this thread do offer insight in dry dock scheduling. It seems that it is problematic to synchronise the cruise lines schedules with that of the dry dock facilities. As I understand it, it is not possible to book a dry dock over a year or so ahead? More than happy to be corrected on this though.

Edited by dutchclogs

Gwen, when you get on board, they'll make room for you in first seating. You are D+. They like to keep top tier people happy. :) (not to mention that you practically live on board ;) :D )

Thanks, I’ll do that if I can’t get it beforehand. I plan on calling to ask about it. Although I do like the Windjammer for dinner too. Also might go to Giovanni’s a couple times with our D+ BOGO and the extra OBC. I was just glad to get on board one of the other 12 night cruises. I’ll be on my favorite ship......can’t get much better than that! Thanks again.

Gwen [emoji3]

RC did not give me my same cabin category or better. I wasn't given the courtesy of even being able to find out on the phone what my cabin is. I couldn't find out until I logged in last night to the cruise planner. I've been assigned a terrible cabin over the anchor with Pullmans hanging on the wall that I don't need in a clearly lower category than what I had reserved. Upsetting since other cabins in my category were available when I called but they insisted I couldn't reserve one - they would assign. I wish I had asked for my money back. Now I'm stuck and feel ripped off. I plan to ask for a supervisor but I think I'm only upsetting myself.

I have had luck clearing the waitlist for early dining by emailing them and requesting it. rcldining@rccl.com

As explained before by the chief. There is a window that they have to do this routine maintenance. They are also at the mercy of the shipyards schedule.

It is no difference than when I call my local dealership to schedule the yearly maintenance on my car. I can't alway get my desired day, so we work together to figure out a mutally agreeable day. I sometime have to modify other plans.

So about 6 month before the cruises- they "suddenly" dicover they have to do routine maintenance:eek:

That is a new low :mad:and makes me VERY nervous as this close we would have all kinds oft things set up inkluding international flights and leave from work.....:(

Wonder how many times they miss X-mas at RCI...because that shows up suddenly too....:rolleyes::eek:

Terrible management!:mad:

The problem with rebooking is those that are trying to get on cruises in the late winter/early spring around the same time are finding that the ship is already pretty booked. We're on the 6 April 12-night and booked about a year ago when we were on Oasis and even then while we got a JS, we didn't get the location we prefer. All the center JS were already booked so we're further aft than we usually are/prefer to be. Grandeur sells out early and the 12 night cruises are very popular so inventory is limited. It's not like they can kick out people already booked to accomodate rebookings for the maintenance timeframe.

Thanks, I’ll do that if I can’t get it beforehand. I plan on calling to ask about it. Although I do like the Windjammer for dinner too. Also might go to Giovanni’s a couple times with our D+ BOGO and the extra OBC. I was just glad to get on board one of the other 12 night cruises. I’ll be on my favorite ship......can’t get much better than that! Thanks again.

Gwen [emoji3]

And we got 5.30 dinner....that is my tea time!!!;p

But it is no problem, we will get it changed to MTD if they can or go to WJ. And we love the WJ on Anthem.

Most likely non-refundable.

We were on the shortened Grandeur cruise the other week and the OBC we got as compensation was refundable. I would assume that this will be too. But, if not, then I will just have to find something to buy...that would be a shame....lol

Absolutely not defending RCCI actions, but Chengkp75 posts earlier in this thread do offer insight in dry dock scheduling. It seems that it is problematic to synchronise the cruise lines schedules with that of the dry dock facilities. As I understand it, it is not possible to book a dry dock over a year or so ahead? More than happy to be corrected on this though.

You are wrong - RCI is just managing it very bad!:rolleyes::eek:

Yes, do not give up on this. You are right that you must get the full $150. Keep pressing.

Again, if there is no satisfactory resolution, write it all up and send it to mbayley@rccl.com

Let his office know that his reps are just making this stuff up as they go along, instead of following actual known facts and procedures.

It should be as simple as showing them what you have in writing from the original booking that shows it being applied and shows the OBC amount.

In the interest of full disclosure:

I was locked out of my cruise planner for the new cruise yesterday. I was not surprised--I am sure they were overwhelmed. Today I checked the planner and see that they have given me the full $150.

I am not sure what that cruise agent was talking about. . . . As Merion Mom says she was just making up information as she went along. How could my certificate be good for my old cruise--but, not for the new one? Why create angst like that. It was already a stressful situation.

However, there must have been someone that saw I had the OBC on my old cruise and put it back on the new cruise.