WaterPik?

karlsselindh

About 10 years ago I tried to use my corded waterpik flosser on a cruise ship (not HAL), and I couldn't get enough current to run it. Since then I've been using a cordless pik, but in packing today for our Zuiderdam cruise, I found it isn't working.

Has anyone had success recently with using a corded waterpik on the Zuiderdam or similar ships?

(I'm not sure what to do with the faulty pik -- I believe it's lithium ion and it's getting really hot. I hate to dispose of it in the trash as we're leaving, but I hate to leave it indoors in case of fire!)

Thanks.

Dont risk a fire. Hand in your broken device at the front desk and explain your problem.

I'm at home packing, and I don't want to take the device with me on a plane to turn in at a "front desk."

I'm worried about leaving it at home, either in the trash or on the counter. I've put it outdoors on a concrete slab for now.

Mainly, will my corded device work? It's an ordinary Waterpik device.

There is insufficient power in the bathroom to use the plug for a water pick. That plug is designed for electric razors. We brought an extension cord and plugged it into the plug in the bedroom area. As soon as I was finished, I would unplug the unit and return the extension cord.

I'm at home packing, and I don't want to take the device with me on a plane to turn in at a "front desk."

I'm worried about leaving it at home, either in the trash or on the counter. I've put it outdoors on a concrete slab for now.

Mainly, will my corded device work? It's an ordinary Waterpik device.

Take it to your local fire station and see if they can safely dispose of it for you

I have a cordless one and it is weak at best. If I'm on a "shorter" cruise" it's ok. If I'm on a longer one, it just doesn't serve its purpose. I agree with other posters about plugging into the normal outlets. Then I'm happy and so are my teeth!

In Indianapolis we have an electronic recycling center that will take any electronics and batteries (including Lipo) for free. They only charge for the old CRT type TVs and the cost is $20. From my handle you can probably tell that I fly Radio Controlled planes and this is where I take my worn our batteries for recycling.