Room Help

jsacco20

When I originally booked, I was able to book 3 people in Aqua Class. Now Celebrity is stating there are no rooms for 3 in AC. They offered us 2 rooms but now I see that none are connecting. Are there no connecting rooms in AC?

We offered to go to CC with access to Blu but they won’t budge on that. Just making sure I’m not missing an obvious solution without one of us having to sleep in a separate room!

I looked at the deck plans and it appears there are very limited connecting A1/2 SRs but not sure if the plans are fully up to speed. I only saw 10187/89 and 10194/96 as connecting. I’d assume if Celebrity says there aren’t any avail they’d know.

Even with connecting rooms you will still be in separate SRs and if they are next to each other wouldn’t that suffice? We travel w friends and we get SRs on either side of the ship so we can go to the balcony w the nicest view in port.

Is being separated a bit a real issue?

Den

Interesting, since traditionally AQ has not booked more than 2 in a stateroom. Was your cabin one of the ones that changed from concierge to AQ?

I agree with Den that getting adjacent cabins is the next best thing if they have no available connecting ones (maybe you could be put on waitlist for those few connecting ones).

Good luck! :D

When I originally booked, I was able to book 3 people in Aqua Class. Now Celebrity is stating there are no rooms for 3 in AC. They offered us 2 rooms but now I see that none are connecting. Are there no connecting rooms in AC?

We offered to go to CC with access to Blu but they won’t budge on that. Just making sure I’m not missing an obvious solution without one of us having to sleep in a separate room!

A few thoughts on your dilemma....

If Celebrity offered 2 cabins for the same total cost you are paying for 3 in one AQ, take it! One more bathroom is a great thing. If I were in your group, I'd happily volunteer to stay by myself.

CC class would give you the chance to try the EDGE 4 main dining rooms vs. Blu every night. Something new to experience...

If you do end up in a CC stateroom and are not enthused about the menus of the MDRs, book specialty dining.

Interesting, since traditionally AQ has not booked more than 2 in a stateroom. Was your cabin one of the ones that changed from concierge to AQ?

I agree with Den that getting adjacent cabins is the next best thing if they have no available connecting ones (maybe you could be put on waitlist for those few connecting ones).

Good luck! :D

Did you book online? With a TA or directly with an X rep.?

Unless it was a converted CC to AQ cabin, someone or a computer may have made a huge mistake,,how were you informed?

As mentioned, three in AQ cabin is not allowed..One of the reasons we like AQ.!. More than two per cabin would make BLU crowded esp now that they converted some CC cabins to AQ..And also add to the numbers of passholders to the Thermal Suites...And bring more children to AQ corridors,

Unless you have 2 AQ cabins, the odd one out will not be able to access BLU...they are very strict about that. That defeats paying so much more for AQ if you will not be able to all 3 dine there

.2 adjoining Concierge or balc or a suite that takes 3 could work! Suite would give access to Luminae, and BLU( space available basis).. But you would lose thermal suite,,

Good luck

Thanks so much for the advice! They are offering me two AC cabins next door so either way we would all get access to Blu.

It’s not entirely out of the question to split up. It’s myself, my husband, and my daughter (she’s a bit too young to sleep alone/8) so my husband and I would just be sleeping in separate rooms each night.

Considering it’s not a long cruise I might consider switching to CC and book specialty restaurants. We tend to enjoy the certain class only and specialty restaurants over the MDR which is why we went for AC to begin with. We are also traveling with other family members who are in AC so we just wouldn’t be able to eat with them the nights they choose to eat in Blu.

Thanks again!

Edited by jsacco20

Shhh!

Keep the 2 adjacent AQ cabins, but bring a sleeping bag for your DD and have her sleep on the couch. Since she is just 8 she should be fairly comfortable there.

However, given the 4 main dining rooms for CC class & below, seriously consider the one CC cabin for the 3 of you and trying the various venues offered by the EDGE MDR concept. How bad can it be? And again, if not to your liking, then go for the specialty restaurants.