Constellation Hesitations

canadianont

We got off the Constellation a month ago, and we rebooked for next September.  It was our first Celebrity, we are Diamond on Royal Caribbean, but Celebrity

has longer and better itineraries!

• Like 1

Our very first cruise was on the Constellation, January 2014, and she hooked us for cruising! I had also read some bad reviews, but we absolutely adored the ship. Don't forget that the Med is very port intensive, and you won't be spending nearly as much time on board as you would on say, an 8 night southern Caribbean cruise (which we just did in October on the Equinox, FABULOUS cruise!). Go for it, go with an open mind, and enjoy your cruise. 

• Like 1

We did the Mediterranean cruise this past September on the Constellation and loved it!!! Just remember that the cruise is very port intensive with maybe 2 sea days. The days spent in ports were long so it was nice to come back to the ship and not have to walk to far to get to everything on the ship. Loved everything!!!!!!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

All good information!  Thanks!

We are booked on the 11/8/19 Mediterranean (Adriatic) sailing.  Saw many recent reviews that were terrible.  We were on the Infinity in 2017, and saw many negative reviews, but we loved that cruise.  Looks like it will be the same on the Constellation!  We just sailed on the S-class Silhouette, and found there are many things to like about each class!  As for the negative reviews, I guess people are more apt to post if they have a negative experience than if they have a positive one...

On 10/8/2018 at 1:40 AM, finchy1950 said:

I REALLY hope you enjoy your cruise because we're on the Connie leaving Venice on the same itinerary on August 5th 2019!

Happy cruising

Finchy1950- are you still going on the AUGUST 6 sailing of the Constellation ? If so, we have a small roll call going. It is not showing up because of problems in the ROLL CALL system but if you look in the "can't find your roll call" section we're there. Look forward to seeing you there.

I really appreciate all the positive vibes about Constellation. It  had the best port times and prices for our Greek Isles trip from my research. I had concerns as well, but for us it's the itinerary and we enjoy booking Aqua and above on the older Celebrity ships. 

• 1 month later...

I have to join others with positive things to say about Constellation.    I've sailed her numerous times most recently on the Adriatic about 9 months ago.   She is in pretty good condition after coming out of a dry dock in 2017.   The service was excellent and very friendly.  I would have no concerns of booking her again.

One thing to keep in mind if you are sailing the Adriatic.  Unless they have changed it recently, every other cruise had all EC Ports.    When a cruise does not stop in an non-ec port then all purchases on board are subject to 21% VAT.  If that is the case make sure you purchase or upgrade internet and drink packages prior to the cruise and you will not be charged the VAT.

• Like 1

On 3/29/2019 at 8:27 PM, Gimpy McFarlan said:

We are looking forward to sailing on Connie in Oct of 2020 in the Med. I believe it is the Best Of Italy cruise starting in Rome and ending in Venice. Loved ready comments from folks who have recently sailed on her.

Since Connie is getting her refit in May of 2020, the condition of the ship shouldn't be a concern.

On 10/2/2018 at 6:37 PM, canadianont said:

We are looking at a Mediterranean cruise in the summer of 2019 and LOVE the itinerary for the Constellation.....but are concerned for the ship itself based on reviews and one cruise we did on it about 10 years ago.

We LOVE the solstice class ships and have been on all of them. We did not like Constellation when we were on it....but it has been refurbed since then so wondering how updated it is now??

Another option is the Edge which we know we'd love....but itinerary is not as good and it's way more expensive.

Any advice is appreciated

Without having read any replies I can tell you the Edge is almost 3X more for the same category. I just priced it onboard and the Connie has a better itinerary for us, so keeping my Constellation.

9 hours ago, FLbeachbaby said:

Without having read any replies I can tell you the Edge is almost 3X more for the same category. I just priced it onboard and the Connie has a better itinerary for us, so keeping my Constellation.

We ended up switching to the Edge as we needed to switch to a 7 day itinerary to work around some other plans while we are in Europe....found a deal where we got an OV cabin with all perks for about the same as the price we paid for the Connie.....now it's a shorter itinerary so value for money not as good.  The Edge pricing is ridiculously high I think we just lucked out with this deal....which I haven't seen since!

2 hours ago, canadianont said:

We ended up switching to the Edge as we needed to switch to a 7 day itinerary to work around some other plans while we are in Europe....found a deal where we got an OV cabin with all perks for about the same as the price we paid for the Connie.....now it's a shorter itinerary so value for money not as good.  The Edge pricing is ridiculously high I think we just lucked out with this deal....which I haven't seen since!

Congratulations ! We watched a program about it onboard so I went to check with the cruise desk to see if i could switch but it was just crazy. We like Aqua and above so those prices were just out of our range. I'm more interested in the itinerary so I'm sure we'll have a blast and I know where everything is on the M-Class. But Edge does look beautiful so I'm a teensy bit jealous. Maybe we'll get a FL deal at some point.

2 hours ago, FLbeachbaby said:

Congratulations ! We watched a program about it onboard so I went to check with the cruise desk to see if i could switch but it was just crazy. We like Aqua and above so those prices were just out of our range. I'm more interested in the itinerary so I'm sure we'll have a blast and I know where everything is on the M-Class. But Edge does look beautiful so I'm a teensy bit jealous. Maybe we'll get a FL deal at some point.

We typically have a veranda cabin so this will be a test to see how we fair in an OV....first world problems!  🙂