Do you *tell* someone you have SDP or does computer system manage it

zitsky

They swipe your card and deduct one of your SDP credits if you have one available at the time of your meal. They will bring you a "bill" at the end with a total of $0.00 on it. You can then add an additional tip if you like (but remember that your SDP included 20% gratuities already).

It is marked on your card.

Basically, if you have credits available then they will assume that you want to use them. Often they ask when you arrive, but as I say, the assumption is that you want to use the credit unless you tell them otherwise.

At the end of the meal, your bill will be brought to you and, if you are paying using the SDP then the charge will be cancelled out and the bill will total zero. If the bill doesn’t reflect this then make sure that it is resolved then. Don’t sign an incorrect bill and try to sort it out later.

It’s rare that there is any problem though. If you have the SDP then it should all work no problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you are going to dine at specialty more times than you have freebies just let your server know if you prefer to pay for that particular meal. BTW it will be noted on your key card that you have the SDP. Their systems will keep track of what you have used and what you have available.

At the end of the meal, your bill will be brought to you and, if you are paying using the SDP then the charge will be cancelled out and the bill will total zero. If the bill doesn’t reflect this then make sure that it is resolved then. Don’t sign an incorrect bill and try to sort it out later.

If you ordered wine or other extra-cost beverages and didn't have the UBP, the bill won't total zero; there will still be a charge for the drinks. (You know that, but someone new to all this might not realize it.)

If you ordered wine or other extra-cost beverages and didn't have the UBP, the bill won't total zero; there will still be a charge for the drinks. (You know that, but someone new to all this might not realize it.)

It actually depends. In some places I have been given two bills, one for the meal, totalling zero, and another for anything chargeable such as drinks.

But yes, you are correct. The bill may not be zero, but the meal charge will be removed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They swipe your card and deduct one of your SDP credits if you have one available at the time of your meal. They will bring you a "bill" at the end with a total of $0.00 on it. You can then add an additional tip if you like (but remember that your SDP included 20% gratuities already).

Technically but not really. Sure, you paid the 20% on the price of the package which is a whopping $18 bucks almost.... divided by three restaurants... for a fantastic $6.

The price of a meal may end up $40-60 or more person depending on which specialty restaurant it is. Tip your waiters. They work hard for you. Don’t be cheap.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks for the info. Still frustrated with my experience changing reservations.

Yes. You have to talk to an agent to change (unlike other cruise lines where you can do it yourself). Best to call with all of your changes in hand and have them make all of the cancellation and additions at once.

Yes. You have to talk to an agent to change (unlike other cruise lines where you can do it yourself). Best to call with all of your changes in hand and have them make all of the cancellation and additions at once.

Yes. That's what I did today. I now have what I want. Made some reservations early so I could see some shows.