Specialty Dining Packages

Wendylet

I am currently booked on the Summit out of Hong Kong on Nov 24 and was looking at the dining packages in my cruise planner. I was considering a 3 night package but have never booked specialty dining this way. Generally we just book what we want on board but due to the savings I thought I would give this a go. When I first select the package I want it immediately takes me to a night 1 reservation, which I don’t want. When I bypass this and attempt to call up individual dates and times it appears that there is no package at all available to select. I have tried sea days as well as port days and all that seems to pop up is the individual restaurants at the single reservation price. Am I doing something wrong? Your help is greatly appreciated.

With the package you can’t pick dates, times and restaurants until you board the ship. When you book it will show night 1 or 2 and you pick a time- this allows the systems to process the order. Once you board you can change this date, time etc and select the days, restaurants you want.

We found it best to buy package while on ship. Pricing is comparable. I would check in soon after boarding if you have days and times to reserve. Sometimes the Tucson on the back of e S class is booked the day of departure but all others are generally available.

Last couple of cruises the 3 and 4 night packages were not available on the ship. In fact they were sold out in the Cruise Planner weeks before sailing.

I am currently booked on the Summit out of Hong Kong on Nov 24 and was looking at the dining packages in my cruise planner. I was considering a 3 night package but have never booked specialty dining this way. Generally we just book what we want on board but due to the savings I thought I would give this a go. When I first select the package I want it immediately takes me to a night 1 reservation, which I don’t want. When I bypass this and attempt to call up individual dates and times it appears that there is no package at all available to select. I have tried sea days as well as port days and all that seems to pop up is the individual restaurants at the single reservation price. Am I doing something wrong? Your help is greatly appreciated.

I presume you mean the Millenium, not the Summit as the Summit is based in Puerto Rico at that time of year.

One thing to be aware of on the M class ships is that there are only 2 specialty restaurants: Tuscan Grill and Qsine/LPC so you should think if the 3 night package is worth the value over the MDR.

That being said, as others have said, the system will automagically book you for the first or second night at "a specialty restaurant". Once you get on board you should go to see the Maitre 'd at either Qsine or Tuscan and set your restaurant choices/dates/times with them.

Steve

Thanks Steve. Yes you are correct it is the Millie. I think I was dreaming of a future cruise! I understand now about the night 1 reservation just to get into the system. You make a valid point about only having the two restaurants on the ship but we thought perhaps we would enjoy one of them for two evenings as we have a fair number of sea days. Do you think it would be difficult to get the dates and times we would specifically want? We likely want what everyone else wants which would be sea days no later than 8. I am afraid to book this and end up with no favourable days and times. I have no experience booking a package like this.

I presume you mean the Millenium, not the Summit as the Summit is based in Puerto Rico at that time of year.

One thing to be aware of on the M class ships is that there are only 2 specialty restaurants: Tuscan Grill and Qsine/LPC so you should think if the 3 night package is worth the value over the MDR.

That being said, as others have said, the system will automagically book you for the first or second night at "a specialty restaurant". Once you get on board you should go to see the Maitre 'd at either Qsine or Tuscan and set your restaurant choices/dates/times with them.

Steve

Sushi on 5 is the third Specialty Restaurant on M-class that is also included in the package.