Dining problem on Brilliance of the Seas

ouiswim

My post said we have booked specialty restaurant for 2 of the nights. Just worried about the other 3. I'm looking forward to the Brilliance. I guess those mega ships just aren't our thing. Thank you!

Just a suggestion, but if you're looking for a third specialty option, Izumi does their full sushi menu to go. We always do Chops and/or Giovanni's early in the cruise and then order sushi to go on the last night on Brilliance and eat a nice quiet farewell dinner on our balcony:).

All the suggestions are good, it is not like the Oasis. As they said, go to my time dining on 5 when you get on the ship, always joke and be nice with the folks. Give them options, seating for 2 or with others. Like it was said, go at six. Many people book my time, knowing they are not going to stick with it. Just got off that ship few weeks ago, T&A. The my time people were great, hope you have the same ones.

To the OP, how many are in your party? If it's just 2, then the wait times for walk-ups is usually not long. Maybe 10 minutes or so. And if you don't mind sitting with others, it could be even quicker as the dining staff likes to keep the line moving and maximize table seating.

If you have a large party - say 6 - then go into the Cruise Planner on RCI website and make MTD reservations. Or visit the dining room as soon as you get on the ship and make your reservations for the rest of the cruise.

Edited by HBE4

All the suggestions are good, it is not like the Oasis. As they said, go to my time dining on 5 when you get on the ship, always joke and be nice with the folks. Give them options, seating for 2 or with others. Like it was said, go at six. Many people book my time, knowing they are not going to stick with it. Just got off that ship few weeks ago, T&A. The my time people were great, hope you have the same ones.

Thank you! We will try that. We have always been more than nice. We are baby boomers, early to bed, early to rise so we really need to eat earlier. We like to go to MDR or specialty restaurant for dinner and buffet for lunch. We have always preferred assigned seating and have chosen it when we book our cruises, but we certainly enjoy meeting new people. I meant it when I said we would just book other cruise lines if we are not treated better this time, not because we "didn't get our way." I know this is a very popular line, but I guess everyone wants different things on a cruise. Thank you for the suggestion. We will head there first thing.

Just go to the dining room a few minutes before 6. They have lots of tables for 2 in the MTD section and you shouldn't have to wait very long, maybe 5 minutes or so. Larger parties could have a longer wait time, but we have never waited more than 4-5 minutes for table for 2.

I totally agree with this and bills gal knows her stuff (Hi Rita). MTD will not be mobbed at 6 pm or a few minutes before. :)

Not trying to hijack, but hi Lora. Are you on the repo?

Hi Bill...No ,unfortunately, not this year. Hope to make it again, though. We did enjoy the ones we have done in he past. Hope you guys are well! L.:D

To the OP, how many are in your party? If it's just 2, then the wait times for walk-ups is usually not long. Maybe 10 minutes or so. And if you don't mind sitting with others, it could be even quicker as the dining staff likes to keep the line moving and maximize table seating.

If you have a large party - say 6 - then go into the Cruise Planner on RCI website and make MTD reservations. Or visit the dining room as soon as you get on the ship and make your reservations for the rest of the cruise.

We tried going online, but every single "My Time Dining" slot for every night was filled.

We booked a last minute 5 day cruise on Brilliance just to get away. We were given only 2 choices for dining, either 8:00 or "My Time Dining." 8:00 is way too late for us so we chose the "My Time Dining" We had "My Time Dining" on the Oasis and it was awful. We could never get a decent time or an answer to our questions. We are going to a specialty restaurant 2 of the days, but we want to request a 6:00 seating for the other 3.. Any ideas of what to do? Booking agent said they were the only options that came up. I don't see any "help" type desk on the deck plans. If we don't have an earlier seating, we will never cruise Royal Caribbean again. We've never had this issue on other lines. Thanks!

I've been able to make reservations online (pre-boarding) under the restaurant section. I don't know if there's a cut-off date the closer you get to the cruise.

We tried going online, but every single "My Time Dining" slot for every night was filled.

I feel that there are a large number of people who make MTD reservations as soon as they can, usually 90 days before the cruise. They just want to make sure they have a dining slot. I mean, how could you possible know what time you want to eat 90 days from now? I'm not eve sure what time I want to eat tonight.

When you get on board, go to the dining room & there will be a person there taking MTD reservations. Check with them as some people may have cancelled their reservations.

If they are still booked solid, just go as a walk-up each night. Sometimes the walk-up line moves quicker than the line of people that have reservations. And if you don't mind sharing a table with strangers, just tell the matire'D and they may be able to seat you even quicker.

I was on the Brilliance TA. Our crew had made reservations for My Time Dining, but ended up eating in the Windjammer most nights. Having been underwhelmed by the Windjammer food on my past few cruises, we found the quality on the Brilliance to be very good. We enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere as well.

We do MTD on Brilliance on every cruise, and rarely have had any difficulty eating at the times we want. Their setup is a bit weird however, since the MTD section is on one side of deck 5 and traditional seating is on the other side. There will be two "lines" - one for people with reservations and one for "walk-ins". We've never waited more than 10-15 minutes in the "walk-in" line (even on holiday cruises). My only add to the suggestions already made would be to go into your cruise planner and book the earliest time available, and then go to the maître D and ask to change the times once on board.

As a side note, Chops, Giovanni's, and Izumi are all excellent on Brilliance - and rarely crowded if the OP is looking for alternatives. The Windjammer on Brilliance in the evenings is also quite good - the captain and his officers often can be found there for their evening meals.:)

When we cruised on 17 September, my time dining was on both sides of deck 5 , so it was the entire upper deck of the dining room . I'm sure you will get to dine close to your desired time .

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We just returned from Brilliance October 6th. Booked 1 1/2 week prior to sailing on Oct 1st. Went into cruise planner and made a reservations for each night for 6:15 with no problem. We had a table for two. One night we choose dinner in the Windjammer and enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere.

Go to RC website and sign in to your reservation. Find your cruise planner and look for dining. Since you are My Time you can make reservations for any time you want. If it isn't available then when you board go the the MDR and ask to make reservations for the nights you want to go at 6pm. There really shouldn't be a problem.

We tried. We went online and every single time slot for my time dining was taken. It happened with the Oasis too and we didn't book last minute on that one.

I feel that there are a large number of people who make MTD reservations as soon as they can, usually 90 days before the cruise. They just want to make sure they have a dining slot. I mean, how could you possible know what time you want to eat 90 days from now? I'm not eve sure what time I want to eat tonight.

When you get on board, go to the dining room & there will be a person there taking MTD reservations. Check with them as some people may have cancelled their reservations.

If they are still booked solid, just go as a walk-up each night. Sometimes the walk-up line moves quicker than the line of people that have reservations. And if you don't mind sharing a table with strangers, just tell the matire'D and they may be able to seat you even quicker.

Thank you!