Dining problem on Brilliance of the Seas

ouiswim

We booked a last minute 5 day cruise on Brilliance just to get away. We were given only 2 choices for dining, either 8:00 or "My Time Dining." 8:00 is way too late for us so we chose the "My Time Dining" We had "My Time Dining" on the Oasis and it was awful. We could never get a decent time or an answer to our questions. We are going to a specialty restaurant 2 of the days, but we want to request a 6:00 seating for the other 3.. Any ideas of what to do? Booking agent said they were the only options that came up. I don't see any "help" type desk on the deck plans. If we don't have an earlier seating, we will never cruise Royal Caribbean again. We've never had this issue on other lines. Thanks!

We booked a last minute 5 day cruise on Brilliance just to get away. We were given only 2 choices for dining, either 8:00 or "My Time Dining." 8:00 is way too late for us so we chose the "My Time Dining" We had "My Time Dining" on the Oasis and it was awful. We could never get a decent time or an answer to our questions. We are going to a specialty restaurant 2 of the days, but we want to request a 6:00 seating for the other 3.. Any ideas of what to do? Booking agent said they were the only options that came up. I don't see any "help" type desk on the deck plans. If we don't have an earlier seating, we will never cruise Royal Caribbean again. We've never had this issue on other lines. Thanks!

When you board go to the maitre’d at the dining room, they will try to accommodate you. I would request speaking to the food and beverage officer if you can’t be satisfied.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just go to the dining room a few minutes before 6. They have lots of tables for 2 in the MTD section and you shouldn't have to wait very long, maybe 5 minutes or so. Larger parties could have a longer wait time, but we have never waited more than 4-5 minutes for table for 2.

Just go to the dining room a few minutes before 6. They have lots of tables for 2 in the MTD section and you shouldn't have to wait very long, maybe 5 minutes or so. Larger parties could have a longer wait time, but we have never waited more than 4-5 minutes for table for 2.

Thank you for the suggestion. Oasis is a much bigger ship so hopefully we won't have an issue on this one.

In my opinion, there are a lot of "issues" with Oasis vs. Radiance-class ships, due to her sheer size and guest capacity. I feel confident you will get your table early. Many guests prefer to eat between 7 and 8 so that can be a busy time, hence you having little problem at 6 or just before. :)

A hint: Brilliance and her sisters have the outdoor aft Windjammer seating. Not sure if you would consider taking the buffet for dinner, but it really is spectacular. We did that every night of our past few cruises and it was hard to beat, with a glorious sunset each night. Perhaps you might like to try it just one evening. I hope you like it. :)

Have u gone on line or called? My time diners are able to make reservations. We just got off the Brilliance and had MTD. We went online when we booked and make reservations for each night. I might add we dined at 6:30 and there were several 2 top tables available. We were able to have a leisurely dinner and still make all the fun evening shows and events.

Go to RC website and sign in to your reservation. Find your cruise planner and look for dining. Since you are My Time you can make reservations for any time you want. If it isn't available then when you board go the the MDR and ask to make reservations for the nights you want to go at 6pm. There really shouldn't be a problem.

Not sure why people do this. Just go to the dining room when you are ready to eat. I have not made reservations for any of my cruises, and I have had MTD on every sailing since it came out. The longest I have ever waited might have been 10 minutes.

Not sure why people do this. Just go to the dining room when you are ready to eat. I have not made reservations for any of my cruises, and I have had MTD on every sailing since it came out. The longest I have ever waited might have been 10 minutes.

Ditto. I have never had a problem with My Time Dining, on any size ship. Once or twice, got lucky and loved the wait staff at our first table and requested the same table every night. Have always been accomodated.

Brilliance is a wonderful ship.

Mike, The originator of the thread stated they Wanted to dine at 6 PM. If you’re wondering why people suggested that they make a reservation the reason is because they wanted a specific dining time and didn’t want to just show up and wait for a table to be available.

Gotcha. I admit I skimmed... and put together MTD, late booking, and never again on royal if we don’t get what we want.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

... and never again on royal if we don’t get what we want.

Yeah, that seemed like quite the threat to me. Sounds like OP was almost ready for a fight before even investigating further.;p:D Anyway, I hope our replies have put OP at ease. It should be no problem for MTD before 6 pm.

We do MTD on Brilliance on every cruise, and rarely have had any difficulty eating at the times we want. Their setup is a bit weird however, since the MTD section is on one side of deck 5 and traditional seating is on the other side. There will be two "lines" - one for people with reservations and one for "walk-ins". We've never waited more than 10-15 minutes in the "walk-in" line (even on holiday cruises). My only add to the suggestions already made would be to go into your cruise planner and book the earliest time available, and then go to the maître D and ask to change the times once on board.

As a side note, Chops, Giovanni's, and Izumi are all excellent on Brilliance - and rarely crowded if the OP is looking for alternatives. The Windjammer on Brilliance in the evenings is also quite good - the captain and his officers often can be found there for their evening meals.:)

Gotcha. I admit I skimmed... and put together MTD, late booking, and never again on royal if we don’t get what we want.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I said this because we had such a difficult time getting a table on Oasis and 2 of the nights ended up at the Windjammer. It wasn't that we weren't willing to wait, but 45 minutes was ridiculous. We were not treated well. We have been on many other cruise lines and have never had a problem. I said 6:00 because that is a listed seating. 6:30 or even 7:00 would work. Also, we called Royal Caribbean weeks before our cruise on the Oasis to try to get seating time, not "My Time Dining" and we were told they couldn't do anything. We had to talk to our agent who booked us. Of course our agent said her only option was my time dining. We will try all of these helpful suggestions. I'm grateful for all of the positive ideas.

We do MTD on Brilliance on every cruise, and rarely have had any difficulty eating at the times we want. Their setup is a bit weird however, since the MTD section is on one side of deck 5 and traditional seating is on the other side. There will be two "lines" - one for people with reservations and one for "walk-ins". We've never waited more than 10-15 minutes in the "walk-in" line (even on holiday cruises). My only add to the suggestions already made would be to go into your cruise planner and book the earliest time available, and then go to the maître D and ask to change the times once on board.

As a side note, Chops, Giovanni's, and Izumi are all excellent on Brilliance - and rarely crowded if the OP is looking for alternatives. The Windjammer on Brilliance in the evenings is also quite good - the captain and his officers often can be found there for their evening meals.:)

My post said we have booked specialty restaurant for 2 of the nights. Just worried about the other 3. I'm looking forward to the Brilliance. I guess those mega ships just aren't our thing. Thank you!

Yeah, that seemed like quite the threat to me. Sounds like OP was almost ready for a fight before even investigating further.;p:D Anyway, I hope our replies have put OP at ease. It should be no problem for MTD before 6 pm.

Not looking for a fight at all. Bad experience on Oasis. If you read some of my other replies, you will see. We actually liked the Oasis, but the sheer size seems to be an issue. Only other problem we had was the 45 minute wait to re-board in Cozumel Mega ships are probably not our thing. I'm optimistic after seeing the helpful suggestions. Again, other cruise lines don't seem to have these issues.