Sunshine-Interior Room w/Picture Window

Question about these rooms: Can people walking out on deck see into your room? Does it look directly out onto the walking areas on the decks?

If you are talking about the rooms at the front of the ship, then yes, they can see in the window. Especially at night time, you have to keep the curtains closed at night anyway so the light does not distract the captain from seeing.

I believe there are no windows in any interior rooms. There's a FAKE window in some but no actual glass window. Any cabin will a window or porthole are outside cabins.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Forums mobile app

They are actually classified as Interior on Carnival's site. For example, I have a porthole cabin reserved in Feb. My booking reads:

CATEGORY:PT INTERIOR

Last year we had a Picture Window interior on the Sunshine. It has a large picture window, like the OceanView cabins, but looks out at an area that has a walkway on deck 3.

Just weird classification categories!

I have one of these rooms booked on my next cruise. If the room is in the front facing the bow of the ship, you will have a public deck right outside the window. But from what I've read, they're hardly used. Most people don't even know how to get to them.

How was this? Did you feel weird keeping your curtain open?

No. I honestly never saw anyone out there, ever. I closed them at night and when I was changing, just in case, but other than that, it was mostly like looking out over a balcony. I would book one again.

We love these cabins and have them booked on our next 2 cruises. Never had a problem with people looking in. The only people we ever saw on the deck was the people in the other cabins around us. At night they ask that you keep the curtains closed so that the lights don't interfere with steering the ship. We've often turned off the lights and opened them up, perfect star gazing.

We love the 4J cabins (Interior with picture window) on the Sunshine located on Deck 3. In fact, we have this category cabin booked for our Sunrise cruise next summer.

I wrote a detailed review of our Sunshine cruise a few years back, and included photos and lots of details regarding the 4J cabin and the deck outside the window. See specific posts:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=45650642&postcount=10

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=45650642&postcount=11

These cabins are an excellent deal.

We had these cabins on the breeze in August. We were on deck 6 in interior with walkway and on our deck, you could see inside and out in full detail. We had to change behind the door if we needed to without having to close the curtains each time. Now, the same cabins on the 5th floor had a mirrored window so you could not see inside when standing on the deck . We loved these cabins, great access to everything and quiet because it didn’t get traffic unless you knew what was up there or had cabins up there.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 3 months later...

I am about to book on the Breeze for our family cruise.  It is our first cruise and am wondering if there is a wise choose since I do not know if the kids will experience motion sickness.  How was your experience with motion in the front of the ship?

47 minutes ago, Acheavacci said:

I am about to book on the Breeze for our family cruise.  It is our first cruise and am wondering if there is a wise choose since I do not know if the kids will experience motion sickness.  How was your experience with motion in the front of the ship?

for a first cruise Id advise to stay as midship as possible.   Those cabins are a bit bigger then the cabins across the front.     Be careful of whats above you or below you-  stay away from noisy public areas 

I also suggest an oceanview as the lowest category you book.    at least you get a bit more space in the cabin.  plus a sofa which converts to a bed