Just off the CARNIVAL BREEZE from Port Canaveral. Here's My Review.

Cruisin_Husker

Great work on the review Husker! The picks of the menus and fun times are very helpful. My wife takes forever to decide what to eat so now she has a seven month head start.

LOL..too funny. I do recommend asking the waiter, "What's the best appetizer and entree on the menu tonight?" Almost all the waiters I've run across on both Carnival and NCL will give you their recommendation for the dish they know most of the passengers like. I even had one waiter tell me once, "Don't get that dish...it's terrible!" When I said "OK, bring me the one you recommend." He did so but then 15 minutes later brought me out the dreaded terrible entree so I could taste if for myself. Sure enough it wasn't very good. When I concurred that it was indeed terrible, he got a big laugh!

Thanks for your review- I loved the Breeze and we are on Vista next year so I appreciated many of your comparisons!

Hopefully you will like Vista more than I did. It’s not like the cruise was bad, any cruise is a good one in my book. But I was very disappointed with the design of Vista. Dream class ships are far superior to Vista class ships in my opinion. I live in Florida and love that both Magic and the Breeze are now based at Florida ports. I have cruises booked on both ships next year.

My family was on this cruise for our granddaughter's 12th birthday. Your review is fantastic.

You are so right about the issues with the TVs. Not only is the channel selection horrible now, our TV would start changing channels even when we weren't touching the remote. Once it went thru all the channels 5 times before it stopped. Then another time I couldn't find the remote and my husband laughed and said he hid it under the covers on the bed so it would stay on what he was watching. Hopefully (as far as channel selection) our survey's will eventually do some good. It was too hard to keep up with the news when I was forced to only have a station that I totally hate.

The best entertainment I could find was Russell, the piano bar guy. He was an excellent song "re-writer" with a heavy Asian accent.....but he was still by far the best. LOL

Once again, thanks for the review. It's great!

I don’t understand why so many posters mention/criticize the lack of network stations on Carnival ships. Maybe I cruise the wrong way, but in 22 cruises on Carnival I have never stayed in my room to watch TV. There are too many things going on around the ship that I would much rather be doing.

I don’t understand why so many posters mention/criticize the lack of network stations on Carnival ships. Maybe I cruise the wrong way, but in 22 cruises on Carnival I have never stayed in my room to watch TV. There are too many things going on around the ship that I would much rather be doing.

We don't stay in the cabin just to watch TV - but we do enjoy a little viewing while eating room service breakfast or while we're getting ready for dinner.

Thank you for your review. Looking forward to boarding Carnival Breeze in 13 more days! I have seen people mentioning on Facebook that there may be stabilizer issues because the ship was very rocky on calm seas. Did you have that experience? Glad you had a good time!

Thank you for your review. Looking forward to boarding Carnival Breeze in 13 more days! I have seen people mentioning on Facebook that there may be stabilizer issues because the ship was very rocky on calm seas. Did you have that experience? Glad you had a good time!

Our cruise was pretty smooth most of the time. The evening sailing out of Grand Turk there was a fair amount of ship movement caused by 5 foot swells which was a result of one of the tropical storms in the Atlantic according to the crew. The rest of the time, including the day at sea, was very smooth. You could feel some slight movement and the front and aft of the ship on the sea day, but that was about it. My wife is very prone to motion sickness and had no problems.

Other than to sleep in the evening, we spend approximately 1 1/2 hours in the cabin a day--an hour to shower and get ready in the morning and 30-45 minutes in the evening to read the fun times before going to bed. During this time we like to have the TV on to catch up what's going on in the world and when you have only a limited network choice of news and spend half your time getting on the channel you want because of remote or technical issues (I forgot to mention we frequently lost sound) it gets a bit frustrating.

Of course I do try to remember we are floating in the middle of the ocean on a moving ship!:):)

I don't think there is a 'wrong' way or 'right' way to cruise, I think folks tend to do what THEY enjoy rather than what some one online TELLS them they are supposed to enjoy.

Our cruise was pretty smooth most of the time. The evening sailing out of Grand Turk there was a fair amount of ship movement caused by 5 foot swells which was a result of one of the tropical storms in the Atlantic according to the crew. The rest of the time, including the day at sea, was very smooth. You could feel some slight movement and the front and aft of the ship on the sea day, but that was about it. My wife is very prone to motion sickness and had no problems.

Thank you! That's good to know. I am prone to motion sickness as well and always have medicine if it is needed, but was concerned when I saw posts about how rocky things were. We have 12 days before boarding so I am hoping the Michael will be long gone and that nothing else will be on the way!!

I was surprised your “floating buffet” didn't include a visit to the Italian restaurant on embarkation day. We find it one of the few spots to enjoy as it is out of the way and not generally found until the first sea day. The only downside is the basketball court overhead.

I'm thrilled to see the violinists are on the Breeze. They were our go-to pre-dinner music on the Magic. We were hoping they'd be on board for the Journey's cruise next month.

Besides the piano bar and big shows .... what live music is available in the evenings after dinner?:)

There was a fair amount, including a pretty funky eclectic five-piece band playing in the Oceans lounge that was pretty good. They also had a solo guitarist playing in the RedFrog Pub and a reggae type artist that played around the ship. Hopefully there should be a live music style that suits your tastes!