Inaugural cruise question ?

thunter1224

If its the first time that a ship leaves 1 port to a first time to another area .. Is that considered an Inaugural trip?

I am booked on the 1st trip out of NYC to the Southern Caribbean on the Bliss. And was wondering if this counts as inaugural ??? :cool:

If its the first time that a ship leaves 1 port to a first time to another area .. Is that considered an Inaugural trip?

I am booked on the 1st trip out of NYC to the Southern Caribbean on the Bliss. And was wondering if this counts as inaugural ??? :cool:

Inaugural simple means "marking a beginning" in this context so if it's the first sailing out of NYC then you can call it that if it matters to you.

The Bliss stopped at NYC when it came over then on to Florida and on to the west coast.. this one leaves NYC and on to San Juan and south of there . And as for if it matters to me ..I don't get to cruise much, and would be cool to say I was on the Inaugural cruise to San Juan & the S. Caribbean. But if its the way you say.. It will not be :(

Inaugural simple means "marking a beginning" in this context so if it's the first sailing out of NYC then you can call it that if it matters to you.

The Bliss stopped at NYC when it came over then on to Florida and on to the west coast.. this one leaves NYC and on to San Juan and south of there . And as for if it matters to me ..I don't get to cruise much, and would be cool to say I was on the Inaugural cruise to San Juan & the S. Caribbean. But if its the way you say.. It will not be :(
Will the Bliss be sailing from New York to San Juan and the southern Caribbean regularly after your cruise? If so, then it is definitely the inaugural cruise for that itinerary.

Sent from my moto x4 using Forums mobile app

I think you misunderstood what Cole was saying. The first time it came to NYC that was just a port call. When it gets home ported in NYC then the first sailing from there would be the inaugural sailing for that itinerary.

it will be sailing to the same area 3 weeks later .. kind of a strange sailings for the Bliss.. my cruise is Dec.1, 2019 and will be the first from NYC. but then does out of Miami to the Bahamas then in Jan ..back to NYC and to San Juan again.. I guess I can ask on the ship lol

Will the Bliss be sailing from New York to San Juan and the southern Caribbean regularly after your cruise? If so, then it is definitely the inaugural cruise for that itinerary.

Sent from my moto x4 using Forums mobile app

A ship has two "milestone" sailings.

The first is the "Maiden Voyage". This is the first sailing with paying guests after the ship is received from the builders.

The other is the "Inaugural Sailing". This is the first sailing with paying guests after the ship's naming ceremony (christening).

The Norwegian Bliss has already had both her "Maiden" and "Inaugural" sailings.

There is usually a lot of confusion over these terms as a number of people like to use "inaugural" and "first" as being interchangeable. Every thing the ship does for the first time will receive an "Inaugural" prefix from someone trying to make it sound more impressive.clear.png?emoji-roll-eyes-1744

In a few weeks, the Bliss will go from LA to Miami for the first time. This does not mean that this will be the "Inaugural West-to-East Panama Canal Sailing". When it arrives in Miami, they will board passengers for the first round trip Caribbean sailing, but this is also not an "Inaugural" cruise. Likewise, in 4 1/2 years, Bliss will be dry-docked for the first time...and yes, this will not be the "Inaugural" dry dock cruise.

Thank You.. What confused me is all the posts saying the Inaugural cruise to Alaska for the Bliss .. I guess they were not ?

A ship has two "milestone" sailings.

The first is the "Maiden Voyage". This is the first sailing with paying guests after the ship is received from the builders.

The other is the "Inaugural Sailing". This is the first sailing with paying guests after the ship's naming ceremony (christening).

The Norwegian Bliss has already had both her "Maiden" and "Inaugural" sailings.

There is usually a lot of confusion over these terms as a number of people like to use "inaugural" and "first" as being interchangeable. Every thing the ship does for the first time will receive an "Inaugural" prefix from someone trying to make it sound more impressive.clear.png?emoji-roll-eyes-1744

In a few weeks, the Bliss will go from LA to Miami for the first time. This does not mean that this will be the "Inaugural West-to-East Panama Canal Sailing". When it arrives in Miami, they will board passengers for the first round trip Caribbean sailing, but this is also not an "Inaugural" cruise. Likewise, in 4 1/2 years, Bliss will be dry-docked for the first time...and yes, this will not be the "Inaugural" dry dock cruise.