S-Class Cabin Thread Gibberish since conversion

Luvcrusn

The posts on this very useful thread are a bunch of gibberish stating font size, name, etc and difficult to read. Although I can access the spreadsheet, the individual posts aren't translated into normal English, but are listed in computer-speak. I hope it gets fixed soon.  I noticed a similar thing with pictures that were on the old site, but during the changeover the pictures translated from the graphic images to computer-speak descriptions as well.

3 hours ago, Bo1953 said:

Have you reported this to CC yet, so they know?

That would be helpful to them and members, as well.

bon voyage

Yes. I did it under Report Bugs and Glitches yesterday but haven't yet seen an answer. I would think they'll deal with it but that they're inundated with true problems and dealing with everyone on a new learning curve. 

Edited by Luvcrusn

Yes, not just the S-class cabin sticky, but ALL old posts that quote any prior posts show the HTML codes visibly, rather than the text that should be shown. CC is aware of this.  I hope they can fix it!  (Related problem is that no photos posted in older threads show either.)

3 hours ago, coolio said:

Cannot access celebrity roll calls . I get either under construction or Carnival  ships..

I found mine by first, deleting cookies, cache and browsing history. Then by either clicking on an old link to the Roll Call, or by scrolling down the Forums page to the link for Celebrity Meet and Mingle, then clicking on the ship, then looking through the list to find my sailing. Good luck. This is certainly a work in progress combined with everyone learning as they go. I really wonder why the powers that be couldn't leave well enough alone. It's like when my computer is working fine, along comes an update that creates problems that didn't exist before the update installed😱

On 10/16/2018 at 11:12 PM, Luvcrusn said:

The posts on this very useful thread are a bunch of gibberish stating font size, name, etc and difficult to read. Although I can access the spreadsheet, the individual posts aren't translated into normal English, but are listed in computer-speak. I hope it gets fixed soon.  I noticed a similar thing with pictures that were on the old site, but during the changeover the pictures translated from the graphic images to computer-speak descriptions as well.

A temporary solution until it is fixed is to click on quote (as if you were going to reply) and then click on the preview icon at the top right. The preview window will have all the correct text without all the gibberish.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, NantahalaCruiser said:

A temporary solution until it is fixed is to click on quote (as if you were going to reply) and then click on the preview icon at the top right. The preview window will have all the correct text without all the gibberish.

Thanks.  I'll try that.