subscribed threads not showing up in user CP. also multiple alerts

4 minutes ago, Leejnd4 said:

I'm having the exact same issues as described in this thread. I am trying to figure out a way to get something like what User CP used to give me - just a list of the threads that I follow that have new posts in them, and way to click to get to the last post read.

Try the Activity tab, then My Activity, and select Content I Follow.  That will give you a list with the star/dot you can click on to jump to the last unread.

5 minutes ago, Leejnd4 said:

I'm going to try changing the notifications as shown above, but does it really only give the option of having to get both a notification (the little bell, I assume) AND an email? What if I don't want emails? Is there a way to just get the notifications but no email? I don't want my inbox flooded with notifications - I just want to see them in one place, on the little bell.

Click on the bell, then Notification Settings.  Scroll DOWN to the 2nd half of the page and you can select what you want notifications on and what you want emails on. 

2 hours ago, kpark895 said:

Thanks.  That got rid of all the extra activities, but now it is not showing all the threads I am subscribed to.  Those do show up in my manage followed content list, but of course, I can't get an easy first unread like I can by using my activities stream.  Also, a few of the listed threads aren't showing that I have unread posts in them.  For example, one shows that the last post was made September 28th, but in the actual thread, the last post is October 8th.

Send me an email..... lighthousemom at gmx dot com

1 hour ago, Leejnd4 said:

I'm having the exact same issues as described in this thread. I am trying to figure out a way to get something like what User CP used to give me - just a list of the threads that I follow that have new posts in them, and way to click to get to the last post read.

I'm going to try changing the notifications as shown above, but does it really only give the option of having to get both a notification (the little bell, I assume) AND an email? What if I don't want emails? Is there a way to just get the notifications but no email? I don't want my inbox flooded with notifications - I just want to see them in one place, on the little bell.

Sorry if this is confusing - this whole thing is very confusing, and I fear we're going to lose a lot of our roll call members who won't want to spend hours trying to figure out how to make CC work for them. And that's going to cost me money, as I've paid deposits on private tours and now can't get hold of people who wanted to join us. 😞

I hope someone can help me with the notification issue!

email me.... lighthousemom at gmx dot com

3 hours ago, kpark895 said:

Thanks.  That got rid of all the extra activities, but now it is not showing all the threads I am subscribed to.  Those do show up in my manage followed content list, but of course, I can't get an easy first unread like I can by using my activities stream.  Also, a few of the listed threads aren't showing that I have unread posts in them.  For example, one shows that the last post was made September 28th, but in the actual thread, the last post is October 8th.

Create a custom stream. Activity, My Activity Streams, Create New Stream. Give the stream a name and set  a preferred listing order. Set the various parameters. I use Content Items Only, Content I haven't read, Only content I follow, Take me to the first unread comment, Everything, Any time, Topics, Condensed.

If you want quick access to this stream you can click the checkmark to the right of the stream title at the top of this list. This will make it your default stream. On pc/mac default stream appears on the right of the breadcrumbs line (small light text line that shows where you are). Clicking on the name takes you to the stream. On mobile devices it is the "newspaper" icon on the page (not cc) banner, to the left of the magnifying glass icon.

16 minutes ago, lighthousemom said:

email me.... lighthousemom at gmx dot com

DO THIS! her instructions showed me things i didnt even notice before on the settings. it doesnt fix the managed content button but gives you a secondary option which i'm fiddling around with today

28 minutes ago, broberts said:

Create a custom stream. Activity, My Activity Streams, Create New Stream. Give the stream a name and set  a preferred listing order. Set the various parameters. I use Content Items Only, Content I haven't read, Only content I follow, Take me to the first unread comment, Everything, Any time, Topics, Condensed.

If you want quick access to this stream you can click the checkmark to the right of the stream title at the top of this list. This will make it your default stream. On pc/mac default stream appears on the right of the breadcrumbs line (small light text line that shows where you are). Clicking on the name takes you to the stream. On mobile devices it is the "newspaper" icon on the page (not cc) banner, to the left of the magnifying glass icon.

Thanks.  I'll try that.

31 minutes ago, luckyinpa said:

DO THIS! her instructions showed me things i didnt even notice before on the settings. it doesnt fix the managed content button but gives you a secondary option which i'm fiddling around with today

I believe that Manage Content is really only for choosing how often you want to receive notifications (like a pop up on your screen) or an email about someone new posting on a thread you follow. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, lighthousemom said:

I believe that Manage Content is really only for choosing how often you want to receive notifications (like a pop up on your screen) or an email about someone new posting on a thread you follow. 

in the past it was much much more. that is the only way i ever looked for my active threads on CC. i hit managed content and those with new replies were at the top. i clicked on them and they took me to the first new post. your solution is a great 2nd solution so far to my issue but i still have to wonder if indexing will help populate my old managed content. thing is the threads dont even appear in managed content anymore . thats what leads me to believe it will be 'fixed' someday. but it is perplexing why posting today in a thread wont get it back up in the list. 

On 10/19/2018 at 3:11 PM, luckyinpa said:

in the past it was much much more. that is the only way i ever looked for my active threads on CC. i hit managed content and those with new replies were at the top.

In the past, there was no such thing as "managed content".

It sounds like you're thinking of the old User CP. That can now be broadly replicated using My Activity Streams.

47 minutes ago, luckyinpa said:

not edit since edit is what you do to get INTO the post

"Edit" is what you're doing when you send the edited version to the server. If you don't click it, the post is never edited - so the button seems logically described. Of course, it could also say "send" or something like that.

On 10/17/2018 at 6:42 AM, S.A.M.J.R. said:

In your notification settings for the board (Account Settings -> Notification Settings) you can set it up to automatically follow threads you post in.

Right, except that this doesn't work; at least for me. I have 'automatically follow threads that I post in' checked in my notification settings. But I still have to check the 'follow' button at the top of each thread I post in, or the thread drops off my followed content lists.

Can't figure out why..

56 minutes ago, KroozNut said:

Right, except that this doesn't work; at least for me. I have 'automatically follow threads that I post in' checked in my notification settings. But I still have to check the 'follow' button at the top of each thread I post in, or the thread drops off my followed content lists.

Can't figure out why..

Have you checked the settings on the Notifications Settings page, including those below the first Save button?

If you have Method to use for content I follow automatically set to Do not send me notifications, you may not receive notifications.

Edited by broberts

19 hours ago, Globaliser said:

In the past, there was no such thing as "managed content".

It sounds like you're thinking of the old User CP. That can now be broadly replicated using My Activity Streams.

"Edit" is what you're doing when you send the edited version to the server. If you don't click it, the post is never edited - so the button seems logically described. Of course, it could also say "send" or something like that.

i've exclusively used manage content from the day i joined this forum so it certainly existed. it was so nice to click on it and see what was BOLDED and only go to those threads that had new posts...which coincidentally were at the top. 

it was so easy back then. why did it become so difficult to get the same thing there..sigh

and even now this thread doesnt show up there but other threads do and i cannot figure out why

Edited by luckyinpa

On 10/24/2018 at 3:14 PM, luckyinpa said:

i've exclusively used manage content from the day i joined this forum so it certainly existed. it was so nice to click on it and see what was BOLDED and only go to those threads that had new posts...which coincidentally were at the top. 

In the old software, there were subscriptions to threads and subscriptions to forums, and these were shown on the User CP.

These now broadly correspond to followed threads and followed forums. And the new software gives you the ability to Manage Followed Content, although the management page is not the easiest way of actually seeing the content.

As I have said, you can broadly replicate the old User CP using My Activity Streams. This now gives you the ability to customise things in a way which couldn't be done before.

it's more clicks to do what i used to do with less clicks though. i wish it was more customizable to put the activity stuff on a shortcut on my main page instead.

and some threads never made it to managed content but i think that will be an unsolved mystery (insert music here)

1 minute ago, luckyinpa said:

i wish it was more customizable to put the activity stuff on a shortcut on my main page instead.

What I've done is to work out which Activity Stream works best for me, and then put a shortcut to that in my browser. When I come to CC, I click that shortcut, and then login (because you need to in order to see the results from a custom Activity Stream. And there it is: the first CC page I see after logging in.

13 minutes ago, luckyinpa said:

it's more clicks to do what i used to do with less clicks though. i wish it was more customizable to put the activity stuff on a shortcut on my main page instead.

and some threads never made it to managed content but i think that will be an unsolved mystery (insert music here)

Navigate to https://boards.cruisecritic.com/discover/followed-content/. Beside the title, Content I Follow is a circle with a checkmark. If it is gray, click on it to turn it green.

On a desktop look at the right side of the breadcrumb line (small, light gray text that indicates where you are) to the left of Mark site read you should see Content I Follow. This will appear on most pages and clicking it will immediately call up followed content. 

On a mobile you should see the newspaper button/icon on the blue page toolbar, third button/icon from the right. Click it anytime to go to followed content.

You can also place a shortcut on your desktop.